Thursday, May 10, 2018

Make It Monday Throwback - Masking Sentiments

Hello friends.  This week Papertrey Ink is having a Make It Monday Throwback challenge...revisiting a challenge Ashley Cannon Newell did a few years back where she showed how to mask a sentiment.

The sentiment that Ashley used for her card reminded me of the sentiment from Harvest Berries stamp set, and while I know that set was intended to be a Fall season set, I decided to make it a Spring set by changing my colors up to a brighter version.


I stamped the sentiment on a sticky note and then cut around the top part of the sticky note like Ashley did in her video.  After placing it in the center of my water color cardstock, I stamped all the leaves in Versamark ink and then heat embossed in white.


Next I smooshed New Leaf ink onto an acrylic block and then used my Aqua Painter to add color to all the leaves.  After the green was dry I added a few berries in Hibiscus Burst.


I used the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Dies to die cut my stamped layer and the base layer, and then added another layer of Hibiscus Burst in between the two.  A few sequins and some baker's twine and this brighter version of Harvest Berries was finished!

You can check out Ashley's card and video right HERE and then play along.
 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


5 comments:

lainey said...

Marcia, I love everything about this. The embossing, the watercoloring, the colors, the scalloped card base, the twine....it all goes so well together. Great job!!

scrapnhawaii said...

What a beautiful card! Great job!

Susan Watanabe said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! Love the colors and your technique of smooshing New Leaf ink over embossed leaves with a water pen! I’ll have to try this...TFS. :)

Nancy Penir said...

Beautifully done, Marcia. Saw this on Instagram, and couldn't wait to say how great the leaves look with watercoloring over white emboss. You showcased that stampset perfectly!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

SO pretty, Marcia. I LOVE Harvest Berries...maybe better in spring colors. You did an amazing job with this challenge!!!