Monday, May 14, 2018

Merry Monday #290 - Bells

Hey Merry Monday fans...JoAnn is our hostess this week and she would like to see BELLS on your Christmas cards.


I chose to use JINGLE BELLS rather than regular bells on my card.  Here's what I came up with:


I started with Merry Music DSP from SU!...I mean how perfect that there was Jingle Bells music in that paper pack to use!!

I stamped the pine branch from SU!'s Ornamental Pine in Smoky Slate ink and then used a shimmer pen over all the pine needles...IRL it really sparkles!  Next I added a couple die cut JINGLE BELLS from Lil Inker in Real Red cs and attached them to the pine branch.


The sentiment is from PTI's Season's Greetings and is embossed in black and then matted in red to match the layer under the DSP.  Some silver cording bows at the top of the bells and some heavy white baker's twine at the top finished off my card

We can't wait to see what you come up with using BELLS on your cards this week!  Take a look at what the DT came up with for some more inspiration, and then play along with us right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Marcia - just love the subtle pines on that fabulous music paper! Perfect with the red jingle bells & silver cord!!

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful colours together and love the stamping of the pine in the grey. Great that the paper had the bells theme on it. Glorious card x

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely design Marcia - with the pine stamping on the music sheet and pretty red bells layered over it!

Leanne said...

Beautiful, love the music paper and the stamping, great card, it is very pretty. Hugs, L

Kara Lynne said...

Such a wonderful card, Marcia! The pine behind the bells is a great design element, and that music and the sentiment just round it all out! I'm slowly making my way back into blog land. I miss you and thanks for cheering me up with your comments!

Donna Scholz said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Marcia! I like yours and Colleen's cards made with jingle bells and pine boughs. I have a 1999 Stampin' Up stamp set that has a jingle bell in it that would be perfect to use along with your inspiration! Thanks! -Donna

Bonnie said...

How perfect that you had the Jingle Bells score in your paper pad! Love the red jingle bells and the sentiment! It all goes together perfectly! Fantastic card, my friend!

Loll said...

How perfect to have the background paper with Jingle Bells music. :) It was meant to be! Love the colours of gray and red. So pretty and elegant together. Great design Marcia. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Marcia, I love that jingle bells background so perfect for your bell :)

Linda said...

What a lovely card, Marcia, with the music sheet background and the jingle bells. So pretty. Have a great week. Babies are doing great.

Patti said...

Ohhhh! this is sweet! I love the beautiful background you created for that festive bell!!

JoAnn said...

Oh Marcia, that paper is perfect with those cute red jingle bells. I like how you stamped the pine branches behind them and the sentiment is perfect too.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Perfection! So many wonderful details working in perfect harmony! (Pun intended)😂😂😂

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card, I love the background.