Saturday, May 19, 2018

Twofer Challenge #5 - BUTTERFLIES

Hello friends.  Playing along with Darnell's 5th Twofer Challenge, and this month it's all about BUTTERFLIES!


I guess I didn't realize how many butterfly stamps and dies I have, so I had to think a bit on this one!  I finally ended up using PTI's Bitty Butterflies Cover Plate die and came up with these 2 cards:


Just something about these tiny little butterflies that I LOVE!!


For this card I started with SSS's Tap Dance stencil and lots of colors of ink, and then used the cover plate die to cut out all the mini butterflies.  I cut a few in Raspberry Fizz cs to match the sentiment strip I used...the sentiment is from PTI's Bitty Butterflies stamp set and I think it will be perfect for a graduation card I need for next month!


For this card I used the same butterfly cover plate die for the two butterflies that I die cut in Hawaiian Shores and Berry Sorbet cs and placed on the outside of my die cut tree (AliExpress).  I made the card into a shaker and used an old Fiskars punch to cut out the teeny, tiny flower shapes that I used in place of the normal sequins I use in shaker cards.  I blended Salty Ocean Distress ink onto the background before building the shaker portion of the card and the sentiment is from PTI's Delightful Dahlia Additions stamp set.  I think a shaker card is definitely a great way to send a little happy hello to someone!!

The DT outdid themselves this month with inspiration using BUTTERFLIES, and there are lots of beautiful cards in the gallery too!  Check them all out and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Birgit said...

Adorable Marcia! Both cards are so adorable! I love the tiny flowers for shaker elements in your card. It makes me think of flowers falling to the forest floor. so pretty and magical. I love your idea for a graduation card too. I need the inspiration in that department since I have 4 of my nieces and nephews graduating this year and three young church friends that are graduating as well. I just added that up and I need 7 graduation cards! I'd better get creating. Sorry to ramble but I'm really glad for your inspiration every day!

Bonnie said...

That is a way to say a happy hello, Marcia! Love these sweet little butterflies! Sweet polka dots!

Mac Mable said...

Wow great layout on your first adorable card and amazing second one. Loving the shaker element and such a unique and creative card x

Ros Crawford said...

Gosh they are so gorgeous!!! I love that inlaid branch die and the design and who could not love a card full of pretty butterflies! Have a great week!

Darnell said...

What kind of monster wouldn't love those itty-bitty beautiful butterflies??!! You have used them brilliantly for your Twofer, Marcia! I love the row-upon-row of dotty delights, the colors, and the wonderful sediment! And your shaker with the tree is truly divine with the butterflies landed on the outside! I love that sediment, too! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #5! Hugs, Darnell

Jeanne H said...

Oh, I love your butterfly cards - both of them. Very pretty and clever too.

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous twofer, Marcia! I've loved that cover plate since first seeing it, and you've used it so beautifully here with the soft stencilling and bold pop of pink! What a sweet shaker ... there's something rather serene about your wooded shaker scene with those tiny butterflies posed around it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Patti said...

Oh Marcia! these are two incredible cards!! I especially love the shaker design! wow!! A+++++

Kara Lynne said...

I am always so inspired by your designs and these two just take the cake! I love all things tiny, and those tiny butterflies are amazing! You really show their versatility in your two very different designs and I love the stenciled pattern paired with the solid ones. Those teenie flowers in your shaker are so sweet and perfect with your butterflies! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!