Monday, June 11, 2018

Merry Monday #294 - BARN

Hey Merry Monday fans...Leanne is our hostess this week and she would like to see a BARN on your Christmas cards.


I didn't have a single BARN stamp or die, but my dear friend Birgit helped me out with a die cut one and I came up with this card:


The BARN is an Elizabeth Craft Die (retired) and after getting all the trim glued on and the doors put on right side up (I had them upside down...they are meant to be sliding doors, but until Birgit showed me a picture, I didn't get how they went together.  Once I saw the picture it all clicked into place!!)it looked pretty good.

I lightly sponged the top 2/3rds of my background with Salty Ocean Distress Ink to look like a cold December day, and then started adding trees that I die cut from a couple different AliExpress sets.  I did ink up the edges of the trees and also added some Shabby White Embossing Enamel to make them look like snow had fallen on them.

My last steps were to add the black silhouette of the horse and sleigh from PTI's In The Meadow die set and a small wreath from a Bo Bunny Holly Jolly stamp set.

The DT has some absolutely GORGEOUS cards to inspire you this week, so check them out and then come play along with us.  We can't wait to see what YOU come up with this week using a BARN on your Christmas cards.  Check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous scene, Marcia! Just love all the trees around your pretty barn with wreath! The old fashioned sleigh adds the perfect touch!!

Colleen said...

Your barn and scene is fantastic, Marcia! I think Birgit has every kind of die you would want or need! Your trees are fabulous and I like the touch of 'snow' on them! Heart Hugs, friend!

Squdge said...

Beautiful. I don't have any barns either!

Bonnie said...

Love your red barn with the wreath over the doors, Marcia! The snowy trees add great landscaping and I love the sleigh!

Christine Alexander said...

perfect red barn, love the scene you created with your wreath and sleigh :)

JoAnn said...

Your die cut bard looks great along with the lovely scene you created Marcia. The sleigh is a great touch too. Have a wonderful week.

Mac Mable said...

So classy, so beautiful, unique and I love it x

Jeanne H said...

Great card! Love all the details.

Birgit said...

This is fabulous my friend! I love the wreath over the door and the snow covered trees. How do you make the embossing powder so random like that on the trees? Do you use Versamark? I'm always in awe of your beautiful creations. Can I come over and play paper with you? ;0)

Leanne said...

Beautiful, this is so much like my childhood memories, thank you. Love it, great job. Hugs, L;)

Linda said...

Marcia, love your winter scene with your barn. It is so lovely. Hope you are having a great week.

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Marcia, you have created such a wonderful scene around your barn.

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful snow covered forest around your lovely red barn Marcia - and the family sleighing off down the road!