Monday, July 9, 2018

CAS Christmas July 2018 - Poinsettia

Hello friends.  The challenge this month at CAS Christmas is to use a Poinsettia on your Christmas card.


I used a Gina Marie Designs die for my Poinsettia and came up with this:


I water colored my cardstock first using two shades of red from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi paints, and then die cut the Poinsettia twice...once from the water colored cardstock and once from gold mirror cardstock.  I also used 3 shades of green (Mossy Meadow, Tranquil Tide, & Old Olive) with Loll's Splash Watercolour Technique and die cut my leaves from that.  (Gina Marie Designs & TH Holiday Greens)


Loll had also made a set of BEAUTIFUL cards (HERE) where she wanted to use up some DSP, so I figured if she could make CAS look that pretty with DSP and still keep it CAS, then I was going to try it too...so I added a strip of PTI's Pure Poppy Bitty Big DSP to the side of my card and I really like the extra pop of red it gives my card!  My sentiment is from an older PTI set called Christmas Blessings and I just love the font on this!

I have quite a few Poinsettia stamps and dies, so I might just have to play in this challenge again!  It's open till the 24th, so check out all the GORGEOUS cards from the DT and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous colours on that beautiful poinsettia from your gansai paints. Fun technique on the sprigs and love how you left one branch white. The paper is super cute and your card is so very beautiful x

Birgit said...

Beautiful Marcia! The watercolored poinsettia with the gold trim is stunning and I love the whipy greens and sprig of white peeking out. The dp and twine both add nice texture to your beautiful CAS card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the stained glass effect on your poinsettia, Marcia! So beautiful on the pines!!

Trina P. said...

So pretty, Marcia! Your watercoloring and splash watercolour sprigs look beautiful. You achieved the CAS look with pattern paper just like Loll! 😉 Wonderful job and card! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Poinsettia challenge. x

Bonnie said...

I love how you've inset the poinsettia leaves into the gold, Marcia! It makes such an elegant poinsettia! Your splashed leaves and foliage have wonderful depth and the strip of DP makes this even prettier! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous inlaid die cut, your gold stain glassed edge is beautiful. your foliage splash background has some wonderful colours-great mix. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful coloring of the layered poinsettia and the gold edge really sets it off. Love the touch of the red DP and twine on the side.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty poinsettia card, Marcia! You watercolored the flower so lovely and the gold inlaid die-ctu is just perfect for a holiday card. Love the beautiful mix of greens of the splashed leaves. The DSP strip with the linen thread is a very cute accent! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's beautiful! I love the pinsettia and the gorgeous leaves. The DP really does make this pop!

Linda said...

Marcia, your watercolored poinsettia is beautiful. Hope you are doing well, my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the depth on the poinsettia Marcia, this is so pretty!

Loll said...

So pretty Marcia! Love the red watercoloured poinsettia with the gold edging. Very elegant. And so pretty with the greenery (and whitery?? :)) in be-hind. Great job using some DSP for your strip on the side ... looks awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx