Tuesday, July 17, 2018

CAS Mix Up July 2018 - Coloring Your Die Cuts

Hello friends.  CAS Mix Up has a fun challenge this month that is all about coloring your die cuts!


I have a few cards to share with you today.  I pulled out a few pieces of colored backgrounds that I had already done and stashed for 2 of my cards today, but the first one I just die cut and then colored with my Zigs...



I used a fun little die from AliExpress and before I punched out all the little surrounding pieces, I did my coloring with my Zigs and a Aqua Painter.  Once it was dry, I punched out all the little pieces and centered it on a A2 white card base.  The stamens on the flowers looked funny, so I die cut the image again in black and inlaid those back in.  My sentiment fit perfectly inside and is from PTI's Choose Joy stamp set.

For my next card I used the same die and cut it from a piece of cardstock that I had colored with yellow, red, & orange Brusho's…


I like this one but it's a little harder to see the definition of the flowers unless you look very closely.  I used the center piece that I had die cut in black and embossed part of my sentiment from PTI's Words To Live By: Laugh in white and then inlaid it back into the center.  The rest of the sentiment was simply stamped below the image directly to the card base.

My last card uses a die from Gina Marie Designs and a piece of cardstock that I had used the Lindy's Magicals on...

 
I die cut the image twice, and then inlaid all the little colored pieces back into the black die cut image.  I mounted the butterfly to a white layer that I die cut with PTI's Shape Shifter: Circle 2 and then mounted that to a black layer and a white card base.  This sentiment is also from PTI's Choose Joy stamp set.  This card is really so simple with just the black & white, and then the pop of color from the Tibetan Poppy Teal (Lindy's Magicals), but I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!!  And of course the shine IRL is just MAGICAL!!

Thanks for sticking with me this long and make sure you check out all the other FABULOUS cards from the DT and in the gallery too!  This challenge is open till the 24th and you can find all the info you need to play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia~ What a treat to find three beautiful cards to ogle over today. The watercolored tropical die is beautiful and I love it using the brushos too! I also love the sentiment on the second card. I need to repeat that to myself every day. The Lindy's magical butterfly is so stunning inlaid in black. Makes me think of stained glass. So pretty! Hope you have a wonderful day and stay cool my friend.

Bonnie said...

I love the coloring of your tropical die cuts, Marcia! Beautifully done and makes me feel almost like I'm on a beautiful, tropical island! Love the flowers done in the Brusho colors and how the black shows them off beautifully! And your butterfly is...magical! So lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan Joyce said...

Love all of your cards Marcia, especially the bright colours in the first one.

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed reading your post and how you did these wonderful and glorious cards. The die cuts on your first two cards are amazing...so sunny, happy and so beautiful. Wow the shimmer and the use of the magical magicals on your third card is stunning on that fabulous butterfly. Thank you for treating us to these fabulous cards and thank you for adding your card to the gallery at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, It looks like you had a lot of fun colouring die cuts :). Your tropical island is stunning in the brown and black and idyllic in the tropical colours. My favorite is your beautiful butterfly, OMG so pretty :)

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of loveliness Marcia! Your colored scenes on the first two make me want to go somewhere tropical! And that butterfly is incredible!

Ros Crawford said...

What stunners today Marcia!! I love them all especially the gorgeous colours in your second card ... Terrific!

Jo said...

Wow you've been busy making beautiful cards Marcia. Love the first, definitely a Hawaiian breeze. ...wanting to be there. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Three amazing cards Marcia!! LOVE the first one with the bright, tropical colours. Perfect sentiment too. The second is dramatic with the brushos paired with black accents ... a totally different look by changing the colours. And your third is so beautiful with the shimmer butterfly over your dotty circle. Awesome cards showing how incredible coloured die-cuts make a card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

All three are so beautiful, Marcia! The first one is fun and tropical. Great job with Zig coloring! The second one is a fantastic example for "coloring your dies" theme to show that you can make totally different cards using the same die (Twofer!?). And I LOVE the third one! Simply gorgeous shimmery teal butterfly with black outline, and lots of white space. Amazing! Hideko xx