Sunday, July 29, 2018

Color Throwdown #503

Hello friends.  This week's color challenge at Color Throwdown makes me think Christmas...


I know the inspiration picture shows SUMMER, but I went with my first thought of Christmas and used a stamp from The Cat's Pajamas that I've had since last Fall and had never inked up!


Doesn't the face with the BIG ears just crack you up?!!  I love the funny sentiments that come with this set too (S-5850 CL)!  I embossed a piece of Weathervane cardstock with a Richard Garay knitted ef to bring in the gray color and the knitted ef to go along with the rabbit and his knitting.


I paper pieced the sweater he's working on from the Warmth & Cheer SU! DSP and then used a couple of Copics to color the yarn ball (G07) and his nose (R00 & R30).  A few red and green enamel dots and some Christmas baker's twine finished off my card.

This challenge closes tomorrow, but if you have time to play today, there's some beautiful and FUN inspiration from the DT HERE to get you started.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh how clever and fun! Yes that rabbit is cute!! Awesome card, friend, have a wonderful Sunday...supposed to hit 100 today...you know where I will be..*wink
Heart Hugs, Col

Nancy Thomas said...

Love all the texture on the background - just perfect for the ugly sweat theme.

Jeanne H said...

What a fun card! Good thinking about an ugly sweater contest.

Loll said...

Great card Marcia! LOVE that dry embossed background. The stitches are the same as on the ugly sweater. How cool! Yes, that bunny makes me laugh. He is adorable! Glad you had a chance to ink him up. I have several of those NBUS items waiting for me too! xx

Bonnie said...

The rabbit is adorable, Marcia! Love the sweater he/she is knitting and that embossing folder is fantastic!

Lisa Elton said...

The embossing folder you used is perfect with this adorable bunny! What a delightful card!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh that bunny is too cute! What a fabulous card!

I Card Everyone said...

You have noticed he MIGHT be taking OFF the sweater because it's SUMMER, right? 'TIS THE SEAson... is this thing on?? tap, tap, tap... hint, hint, hint...
I love what you've done with our fun Bun!
=]

Broni said...

Oh how cute, Marcia! I'm so glad you joined us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card, Marcia! Just love your little knitting bunny - perfect on the knit embossed background!!

Greta said...

How cute & funny! Thinking I need that weathervane cardstock!

Birgit said...

Awww.... this is totally adorable! Love the knitted background. What a great use of the colors from the challenge.