Friday, August 17, 2018

CAS Christmas - Tree

Hello friends.  This month's challenge at CAS Christmas is all about adding a TREE to your Christmas card.


Here's what I came up with using one of my favorite Tim Holtz tree dies:


I started by die cutting a rectangle into the center of a piece of copy paper and using it as a mask to blend some Bundled Sage distress ink into the center of my card base.  I kept the mask in place and used the ink twice more with 2 older (and retired) SU! background stamps, first the Print Pattern stamp, and then the script from the En Francais stamp over top of the first stamp.  Next I adhered my die cut tree (TH - Woodlands) in Pear Pizazz cs to the card base, and then finished off with a simple piece of jute, a few iridescent sequins, and my sentiment from PTI's Christmas Blessings stamp set.  I love that it's almost one layer too...easy to mail!!


When I pulled out my tree dies, there was one already die cut from gold mirror cs and thought since I had everything already out I'd make a 2nd card.


This one's not one layer, but still pretty minimal, and I used Vintage Photo ink to give it a more "vintage" look rather than the Bundled Sage green of my 1st card.  I like them both...which one do you prefer?

This challenge is open till the 24th and it's a great way to get a head start on those Christmas cards!  There's lots of GORGEOUS inspiration from the DT,  so check it out and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my Marcia ~ these are both stunning! I love how you created your background using distress inks and stamps. The vintage photo one really speaks to my vintage loving heart. Beautifully done!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful tree and I love how you created the rectangle panel to your design! Two really pretty cards, Marcia!

I Card Everyone said...

oh CHRISTMAS TREE, these are so pretty! I've always loved that tree die, Marcia! I must admit to loving the bundled sage the most, while still liking the other, too!
=] xx

Bonnie said...

Two beautiful Christmas tree cards, Marcia! Love the backgrounds you've created! So much depth! Being easy to mail is a definite bonus! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Susan said...

Love the layered background behind the tree! Great combination of stamps! And that is one of my favourite Christmas tree dies - so happy to see it. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, love the elegant stamped backgrounds so perfect for the simple tree die cut. thanks for reminding me to pull out this die :)

Linda said...

Oh, Marcia, two beauties. I like them both, but the second one really is very elegant and my favorite. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Christmas Tree challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both versions of this card, Marcia! That tree looks amazing on the diamond pattern!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, tow fantastic tree Christmas cards, Marcia! I LOVE the way you made the background (using two stamps)! It has so much interest and it's perfect for the solid silhouette tree die-cut. Bundled Sage and Pear Pizazz matches so well. The linen thread adds an organic feel too. The combination of Vintage Photo and Gold Mirror is wonderful. I though about which I like better for a while, but I can't decide. They have different beautiful qualities and I love them both! Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty design Marcia, these are wonderful!

Loll said...

This is such a fantastic design Marcia. Looks amazing in both colours and I imagine you could make it with lots of different colours and they would all be beautiful! Love the masked rectangle with blended colours and layered stamping ... awesome mixed media element! And so pretty with the tree off to the side. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Those trees are a big favourite of mine... Love both cards!

JoAnn said...

Love your cards and the pretty design you made. I like how you did them in different colors too.

nancy littrell said...

I LOVE both your green and vintage photo designs, Marcia. Would be a beautiful CAS design for multiple cards. TFS Hugs..