Monday, August 13, 2018

CAS Mix Up August 2018 - Monoprints

Hello friends.  The challenge at CAS Mix Up this month is all about STENCIL MONOPRINTS.


I had fun with this challenge and made just a few...


Now I have lots for my UFO box, so when I need a quick card, there's lots to choose from!  And this time I got smart and wrote the colors and name of the stencil on the back of each one so I don't have to guess later on!!

I used just the top piece for my cards today (cut it in half so I was able to make 2 cards!).  I used a stencil from Newton's Nook called Floral Lace, and the top one is actually a kind of 2nd generation stenciling...I had inked up the first time with Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet, & Picked Raspberry Distress Inks, and after pressing into my cardstock there was still ink left on the stencil, so I spritzed it again with water and got a lighter impression that I really liked!  Take a look at what I turned it into:



I mounted my monoprint behind a die cut Pierced Feature Frame (PTI) and then added to a top folding card base.  I die cut the Bird Of Roses (SSS) and added it to the lower part of the frame and then added a stamped sentiment from PTI's Keep It Simple: Thinking Of You set on a strip of Lavender Moon cs.

My 2nd card with the other half of the monoprint is just switched up with a butterfly die cut from Memory Box called Vivienne Butterfly.



The sentiment on this card is from PTI's Ways To Say: Thinking Of You and I also added a few diamond gems to the center of the butterfly.

Quick, CAS, and I used Stencil Monoprinting, stamping, and die cutting on both cards.

This challenge is open till the 24th and you can check out all the GORGEOUS cards from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty cards, both of them. What a wonderful colour combination and the technique looks stunning. Love the framing, which draws your eye right in to the stunning backdrops. Fabulous addition to the CAS Mix Up Gallery.....Thank you x

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty and love all those beautiful backgrounds for later use. Marcia you are so smart writing the colours. I always forget and then try and work out what I did.

Loll said...

GREAT WORK Marcia!! LOVE all your stencil monoprint samples. Isn't this a fun technique?? ... very addictive too! :)

Your cards are gorgeous. Love the soft colours of your second generation monoprint. And two cards with one piece - bonus! Beautifully designed to really show off the pretty lace pattern. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Jo said...

Beauty is in the simplicity of all things and these are no exception. Loving the white die cuts to frame these unique backgrounds. Great job, exceptional CAS designs, well done. All beauties!
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful collection of stencil monoprints, Marcia! I love all of them and I know you'll have fun using them on your cards! The two cards you've made are testament of that! They are GORGEOUS! Love the soft colors and print with the open die cuts! You make me want to ink up some stencils again! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

Your lovely stenciling and those delicate die cuts are matches made in Heaven! These are simply dreamy Marcia! I like the touch of elegance the teeny rhinestones add. Wonderful cards!

nancy littrell said...

Two Gorgeous Stencil Monoprint CAS Card designs, Marcia. I love how you got 2 cards out of your one background. Instead of being called 2nd generation a 2nd and sometimes 3rd monoprint is called...a 2nd and/or 3rd pull, but they mean the same thing just a different technique than stamping:-) TFS all your beautiful samples too. It is hard to stop making these backgrounds. I know, I have a box full for future cards too:-) I can't wait to see more cards made with your samples:-) TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Papercraft Boutique said...

These are so pretty and elegant, Marcia! Love the color and the soft effect! Fantastic choice for the bird and butterfly die-cuts! Both designs have a stencil look, echoing the monoprint, don't they? And now you have lots of treasures in your UFO Box! :-)
Hidkeo xx

Birgit said...

Oh wow! All your backgrounds are gorgeous and I especially love how you used that second generation one to make your two cards with. The soft blend of colors are perfect together. I love how the lacy designs of the bird and butterfly allow the colors and pattern to shine through. Beautifully done my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Isn't this a fun technique? My stencils rarely see the light of day, Marcia - yours are shining brightly on these gorgeous 1st and 2nd generations! No doubt you'll guess which card is my favorite? xx
=]

Julia Aston said...

Boy Marcia - didn't you have fun with this technique! What beautiful backgrounds you created for future cards - the two you created here are just lovely with the delicate lacy die cut bird and butterfly layered over them - and I love the PTI frames! (I've been using them a ton!) Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix up!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! You got amazing results and your card is breathtaking!

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards Marcia. Love the one with the butterfly.
Have a wonderful week.