Friday, August 24, 2018

Color Throwdown #507

Hello friends.  This week's colors at the Color Throwdown challenge are SOOOO pretty...love them!!


I was totally inspired by the leaves on the comforter, pillows, and curtains, so decided an Autumn card with these colors was in order!


I started by using a really OLD die from Cuttlebug (the kind that is a square metal plate with the foam on it...remember those???) for the leaf shape, and then it has a embossing folder to add all the veins and outline.  I used a sponge dauber to add my inks (Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, & Elegant Eggplant) and then did a little water splattering.  My sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's Autumn Flowers and is stamped in the Elegant Eggplant ink.  A little bit of scoring around the edges finished up my CAS card.


There's still time to play along with this challenge, so check it all out right HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous!! I absolutely adore this Marcia ... Who would have thought to use those colours on a leaf and yet they are stunning! Love love love your creations!

Birgit said...

Those colors make the perfect fall leaf Marcia! This is simply stunning!!

bristowmom said...

Beautiful card, and I love the sentiment.

Bonnie said...

Sometimes it's good to keep those old dies and etc.! This is a beautiful leaf with the veins! Love the way you've blended the colors too!

~amy~ said...

super pretty, I love the fall theme.

Loll said...

This is so pretty Marcia!! LOVE how you've used the challenge colours. Your maple leaf is gorgeous ... LOVE the splatters. xx

Lori said...

What a pretty design! Love how you inked the die cut leaf in the challenge colors. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning leaf, Marcia! Just love the combo of colors!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your leaf turned out beautifully Marcia! I like that little some-something the water drops add!

Linda said...

Marcia, this leaf is so gorgeous in these colors. Awesome card, my friend.

Nancy Penir said...

I'm afraid I'm much too young to remember the dies you're talking about (LOL!) but it's a gorgeous one anyway. The splatters, the colors, and sentiment, all perfection, dear friend. But I expect only the best from you! Hugs!

Broni said...

Great way to use the inspiration photo and the colors! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!