Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Create Along With Us - August 2018

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's Create Along With Us challenge, where during release week, you can pick a favorite card from one of the DT and re-create it with stamps that you have.
It was so hard to choose this week as every card from every designer has been absolutely FABULOUS and just FULL of color...FALL COLOR!  There have been so many new color combinations for Fall that I never would have thought of like Dawn's Peach and Aqua, Melissa Phillip's pastel colors (for Fall?  Yep, totally worked!!), Melissa Bickford's BRIGHT primary colors, and the one that drew me the most...Spring Rain, Ocean Tides, & Enchanted Evening from Laurie Schmidlin!

 
Something about this card just totally draws me, and the way she blended these 3 colors together that I never would have thought of using in the first place, just blows me away!!  I am SO excited about this release and want it ALL...especially the Text & Texture: Leaves like Laurie used for her background!  Obviously not having that stamp yet, I decided to try using Text & Texture: Roses and came up with this:

 
My colors are a little darker than Laurie's as I had to stamp multiple times (using my MISTI) to get even coverage of each color...I think my little cubes are getting dry!  


After stamping the image I trimmed off the edges and then cropped the corners like Laurie did.  My grateful die cut using silver mirror cs came from the Especially You set, along with the rest of the sentiment that I stamped on a white strip.  I used a really OLD punch for my little heart using Pure Poppy cs and didn't stitch it like Laurie did...I love that look but it would not have looked too good with my sewing skills!


While the roses don't necessarily say FALL, I still really like how this card came out and will definitely use this color combination again!

You can check out all the beautiful cards on Papertrey Ink's site and then play along right HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous inspiration with that wonderful card and Marcia you made it your own. The roses, the colours and the technique look wonderful....fabulous sentiment too and love the pop of silver and that cute red heart x.

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous rich fall colors? Why not! Love every bit of stamping you did to get the coverage you wanted. And yes, the little red heart is perfect!

Bonnie said...

Love these shades of blue, Marcia! The roses make for a beautiful card! Love the silver die cut and wonderful sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness did you ever nail this Marcia!! The silver sentiment and that pop of red from the heart are lovely with the luscious blues. Beautifully done!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS!!! You did an amazing job. I am definitely getting the new stamp, just love it. Your beautiful card sealed the deal!

Christine Alexander said...

great take on on the DT card, love all the wonderful blues :)

Loll said...

Gorgeous card inspired by Laurie. There's always so many fabulous things to buy ... and things to learn at Papertrey Ink. I bet your wallet will be thinner after the new release is for sale. :) xx

Susan Watanabe said...

Wow, Marcia! This is perfection in a CAS of Laurie’s inspiration; so gorgeous. I’m thinking about adding Betsy’s lastest Text & Texture Autumn leaves to my stash (only have the ocean one), but now I may want the roses too. >.<

Marybeth said...

I love the card you picked to recreate! Yours turned out absolutely beautiful the colors look so good with dark and light! You are so right about wanting so many things this time! Something about fall, we all love!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So beautiful with those blossoms in shades of blue, Marcia! The silver grateful looks perfect with them!!

Carmela said...

Such a lovely stamp set and a perfect job of crafting this card!! I love your colors, Marcia!!

lainey said...

Pretty card and pretty color combination! The silver goes so well with the colors too.

Cindy Beach said...

Oh YES, Marcia, you nailed it! Beautiful beautiful card! I love the deeper blues and the silver shine is the perfect contrast. The second sentiment is lovely in a smaller font and the pop of the red is the icing on the cake. Truly a gorgeous creation.

Birgit said...

Gorgeous color layering here Marcia! I love the roses in these beautiful blue tones. The silver sentiment is such a nice accent and the red heart is the perfect pop of color too. Wasn't there a lot from this release that we just "need"?

Helen F. said...

Oh how beautiful is this Marcia! You totally created a lovely interpretation of Laurie's card. I love the 3 blues you blended on the Roses and of course the red heart is the cutest :-)

Nancy Thomas said...

The gorgeous shades of blue really pop off the screen and that sweet little heart is the perfect touch.

Kathy Mc said...

Drop-dead gorgeous take on Laurie's beautiful card! Agree with you the inspiration this month was incredible and who doesn’t want it all? I don’t own any of the Textured stamps and wondered about getting good coverage. They are very pretty though. Awesome card, Marcia!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous and those colours! Love it!

maryrose said...

So pretty, Marcia! I love how you used the inspiration card as the springboard for your own creation! Lovely!