Wednesday, August 29, 2018

PTI's STAMP-A-FAIRE 2018 - Green Thumb Garden Journals

Hello friends.  My last post for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-A-Faire challenges, and this last one had Heather Nichols showing us how to make small 3 1/2 x 5 inch journals for gardening.  What to do if you don't have a green thumb though??  I've been able to keep a Philodendron plant in my house alive for about for about 15 years now because I only remember to water it about once every other month and it seems to be ok with that, and my hubby takes care of the outside gardening...mostly just Hostas.  So as beautiful as Heather's journal was, I would have had nothing to put in it except for maybe stamped flowers!  With that being said, I went in a little different direction and made a prayer journal instead to use with a new bible study class I'll be taking this Fall.


I used DSP from an old PTI pkg. called Text-Style: Fall Prints & Patterns along with one of the frames from the Pierced Feature Frames dies, and then stamped my sentiment (ombre style) in the middle from the New Every Morning stamp set.


Used the Garden Of Faith stamp set and a strip of DSP from the same Fall Prints & Patterns pkg.


Sentiment also from the New Every Morning set and images from the new Fence Line: Autumn set.


Sentiment from the Choose Joy stamp set and die cut gift card holder from the same Fall Prints & Patterns pkg.  My little card has a verse from Roman's that was part of my daily bible reading last week that I had written on a piece of scrap cardstock so I would remember it, and seemed perfect to add to my little holder!  The leaf is from the new Forest Floor: Autumn set.

  
Sentiment and images here are also from the new Forest Floor: Autumn set.  This is as far as I've gotten, but didn't want to miss the deadline for adding my link.  Hope to finish soon and will show the rest of the pages if anyone is interested.

Check out Heather's beautiful journal and instructions HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

this is totally adorable Marcia! I love the fall theme you used to create this, especially with the season of thanks coming upon us. Although every season should be a season of thanks and this is a great way to remind us that there's always much to be thankful for. What a nice idea to make as a gift too. Each little fall scene and verse just warms my heart!

jan metcalf said...

Love your album Marcia! And love how you used the pattern papers! I still have a stash of those pretty papers, you have inspired me to get them out and use them on fall projects, especially with my new forest floor mushrooms!

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful idea to make the prayer journal. It is is unique and looks fabulous X

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this fantastic journal, Marcia! I love all the uplifting phrases and scripture verses all put together so beautifully! A treasure!

Lisa Elton said...

The colors on your cover are beautiful, I can just see the trees in their blaze of glory now! This is w wonderful project Marcia, you've done a great job!

Susan Watanabe said...

Wonderful idea for a journal, Marcia! And beautifully executed...love your cover with the new PTI fall stuff. Yup...going a little "stir-crazy" from being in the house too many days taking all the Stamp-A-Faire challenges. Don't feel like doing the MIM this week...maybe in a few days. Happy Labor Day!

Loll said...

This is a beautiful prayer book Marcia. So uplifting to read those messages. Gorgeous design. Fantastic stamped sentiments, images and mix of patterned papers. Lovely, my friend! xx

SavedbyGrace said...

Your book is beautiful. Such a pretty way to keep God's Word. I would like to see more :)