Wednesday, September 5, 2018

CAS Mix Up - Sept. 2018

Hello friends.  The challenge this month at CAS Mix Up is using one of my all time favorite techniques...using markers on your stamps!


I actually have 2 cards to share with you today...both of them using older Penny Black stamps that I found in my stash awhile ago from 2006 & 2007, and also never before used...GASP!!


This one is called Flying Stars (2007) and I used some SU! and Tombow markers to color the stamp and then very lightly misted with water (rather than huff and puff!!) before pressing onto my cardstock.  I love how bright and sunny it came out looking!!


It almost reminds me of embroidery.  I die cut my panel using a wonky stitched frame from Gina Marie Designs and then adhered to a white card base and finished with a sentiment from PTI's Beautiful Berries: Spring and some white baker's twine.

My 2nd card is a bit more Fall feeling with the darker purples (Eggplant) and greens, and uses the other Penny Black stamp I found from 2006 called simply Asters.


I used SU! markers to color the flowers and leaves, and then used what I thought was a LIGHT gray Tombow marker for the Heidi Swapp background...it came out a lot darker than what I had imagined, but it was still pretty, so I finished it into a card using a die to cut the stitched oval (Gina Marie Designs) and stamping the sentiment from PTI's Keep It Simple: Birthday.

This was such a FUN challenge, I just might have to play again!!  The challenge is open till the 24th, and you can check out all the amazing inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Two beauties, Marcia! It's so fun to discover/rediscover stamps that are sitting on the shelf just waiting to be inked! You are so right, that first one looks like embroidery!

Colleen said...

Fun Fun cards, Marcia...that is how it was done back in the day, right? coloring on the stamp and "huffing" and then stamping! I love both your cards! Heart Hugs!

Nancy Penir said...

2 lovelies, my friend. And such fun to rediscover old stamps, that got lost in the shuffle of newbies!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using the CMU challenge technique, Marcia! I don't feel so bad now that I have things that are a few years old that I haven't used ... 2006 or 2007 ... over ten years!! :) I bet you had to brush off a bit of dust before using. :)

Love how the cards turned out! xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is why I love this technique so much, Marcia! I love the first card with the bright colors and it does look like embroidery! I'm thinking you'll be using this stamp again! I love the second card too with the pretty fall colors! The background is perfect and I love the stitched oval and the crisp navy and white! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty pair of cards Marcia! I love how wispy and delicate the first one is and the second is dreamy with the plum colored blooms on the text background. Love them both!

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, two absolutly stunning cards, I love the simple design and the pops of colour.

nancy littrell said...

OMG, Marcia..Two simply beautiful flower cards, my friend. I love the embroidery look of your 1st card, especially with the wonky stitched framing and all your pretty colors. Your 2nd card is gorgeous with the pretty inked with Zigs and stamped flowers. Love the script background and oval frame. TFS both your cards and playing along with us at CAS Mix Up. I hope you do join us again. Your cards are so inspiring. Hugs..

Birgit said...

These are both stunning Marcia! The first one really does look like embroidery. I love the bright and cheerful line design of those flowers. The script background on the second one is fabulous as well. I need to use mine more often. There's just not enough hours in the day....

Ros Crawford said...

They are wonderful creations!! Beautifully done and both are fabulous colours!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Marcia! I was sure that first one was embroidered - so delicate and pretty! Beautiful script in the oval too!!

Mac Mable said...

Both of your cards are fabulous. The technique has worked so beautifully. The first card sure does look like embroidery and loving the bright and cheerful colours. Gorgeous colours on the second one too. So glad you brought out those 'old' stamps as they are fabulous x

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely cards Marcia! Wonderful fanciful stems on your first card - and your 2nd card looks so pretty with the flower stamped over the French text! Isn't it great to get out old forgotten (and never used!?!) stamps! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

Jo said...

Bravo to the crispness achieve for your cards. Both designs are so different yet equally beautiful. Two amazing card Marcia! xx