Sunday, September 2, 2018

Color Throwdown Challenge #508

Hello friends.  Getting in just under the wire, but wanted to play along with this past week's colorful challenge at Color Throwdown!


Isn't that such a beautiful picture and such bright and FUN colors?!!  I've been wanting to use my Yellow Sunshine Die (PTI) for quite awhile now and this seemed like the perfect time to use it!


I randomly stamped my Maple leaves from Clearly Besotted's Autumn Flowers stamp set in the challenge colors of Purple, Green, Yellow, & Red on a white panel and then die cut the Yellow Sunshine Die on another white panel cut the same size and added foam tape behind it before adhering it to the stamped panel.


Here you can see the dimension a bit better that using the foam tape created.  I mounted both these layers to a Pure Poppy card base and then added a black sentiment strip with white embossing using PTI's Keep It Simple: Thinking Of You stamp set.  I finished off with a few iridescent sequins and some black & white baker's twine.

You can check out all the beautiful cards from the DT and play along right HERE if you're real quick!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab peeks of color through that cover die, Marcia! Perfect for the color throwdown!!

Darnell said...

EEP! I don't remember ever seeing this PTI die before and, wow, have you made it something everyone will want with your brilliant bold and bright autumn leaves behind it! This is truly gorgeous, Marcia! A winner in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Cool die cut and gorgeous with all your Autumn colored stamped leaves peeking thru. TFS Marcia. Hugs

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful design and so clever to put those amazing leaves behind the die! Absolutely fabulous card Marcia!

Birgit said...

What a great design Marcia! I love the fall leaves peeking through that awesome die. So clever of you my friend!!

Mac Mable said...

Such a creative and unique idea to do the leaf stamping in all those pretty colours and then to pop the die cut over it...Fabulous and colourful card, which I love x

Bonnie said...

These colors are so pretty peeking out from this wonderful die cut!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Marcia, this is ever so pretty! I just love the colorful fall leaves peeking through the die cut openings!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a fantastic design, Marcia! Those vibrant colors really shine on the white, and the shapes of the leaves with the shapes in the die are so artistic. I love the balance between the twine and the sentiment - the whole thing is just gorgeous!