Friday, September 14, 2018

Create Along With Us - Sept. 2018

Hello friends.  Every month when Papertrey Ink has their Create Along With Us challenge, I struggle to pick only one card to CASE from their new release designs, but this month was extremely hard as every day I've been seeing cards and projects that I want to copy!!  Their design team has really outdone themselves for this Christmas release!!

I couldn't narrow it down to just one, so I chose 2 (a card and a project) to CASE for this challenge...both from Day 1.  My card is from Laurie Schmidlin and my project from Kelly Lunceford.


So technically I have 3 projects to share with you today...couldn't resist making a couple of Kelly's houses along with Laurie's card.


So let's start with Laurie's card.  She introduced the new Merry Mug set, and I think it's the stripe pattern that you can stamp across the center of the mug that really appeals to me.  I had to improvise a little with what I had on hand, but I think it came out pretty darn close!  The tea cup is from the Fancy Tea Cup die, and then I used Aqua Mist ink to make a stripe pattern using a Winnie & Walter stamp from the Holiday Trimmings set (CP).  My little holly die cut is from the Holly Jolly die and I added some Nuvo Drops in Autumn Red for the berries.  My cream on the top is from an IO stamp and my "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from an older HA stamp.  My background uses the Mix & Mat: Berry Boughs.  I love how Laurie had blended Aqua Mist ink on her 2nd layer, so I did that also.  Such a fun and homespun feel to this card.


I absolutely LOVED Kelly's houses using the Tiny Town dies, and just had to make a couple!  I never thought of using DSP for these houses before...I've always just used colored cardstock.  Aren't they so adorable with the patterned papers though?!  Kelly used Soft Stone Bitty Big DSP for her houses, but I didn't want to totally copy her, so I went with the Kraft Bitty Big DSP in the polka dots and stripes.  Kelly was using the new Sentiment Staples: Christmas set for her tags on top of the houses, but since I don't have those yet, I used a banner and sentiment from Just A Little Something for the tops of my roof, along with the holly die cut from Holly Jolly.


I used red & white twine to close my boxes up and the little wreath's on the front windows are from the Tiny Town: Gingerbread House die set.  I also added tiny little dots of the Nuvo Drops for berries on the wreaths and the holly.  My bottoms to the houses used the Shape Shifters: Circle 3 with Aqua Mist cs.


And here's one last picture showing the striped house:


These were all a lot of FUN to make and I'm so excited to have a couple small gifts boxes ready and another card for my stash.  If you haven't checked out all the excitement and fun with Papertrey Ink's new release, check it all out right HERE...it's going to be an expensive month for me as I want it ALL!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Ivana Camdzic said...

Marcia, these are ALL stunning! The little houses are cute beyond words, and your mug is so darn awesome with how you added the stripes! I love everything here - really getting me in the Christmas-y mood!

Bonnie said...

Love your cozy cup of whip cream, Marcia! Beautiful colors! Love, love, love those little polka dot houses! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

nancy littrell said...

Adorable Christmas card and wonderfully creative striped and polka dot houses for little gifts. TFS your card and projects and all your details, Marcia. A labor of love! Hugs...

Loll said...

Love the sweet cup with the striped pattern, Marcia! It really does make the cup special. Great colours and looks delicious with the whipped topping. I'm thinking it's a hot cup of cocoa --- yummy!! I LOVE those sweet houses! Adorable from patterned paper. The details are what make them so special with the wreaths hung over the front windows, the sweet gift tag with the holly embellishment, and all tied up with the red and white twine. Great work making two! I bet you make more. :) xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your card and your house are absolutely so so sweet, I love your take on Create Along with Us!

Carmela said...

Lovely projects, Marcia. Your card is so pretty and I love the treat house boxes. Your photograph looks like it was professionally done!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love your card and the little boxes, Marcia!! I'll bet the houses took some time but they look amazing!!

Vicki Finger said...

Such a labor of love to put all of these things together! Everything is just beautiful!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Marica,
Oh how I love what you've been making! You're so right, it is the stripe on that mug that makes it! Beautiful projects!

Lisa Elton said...

Well HO HO HO!! These are ridiculously CUTE Marcia. Love those sweet little houses and your CASE of the cup is perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

Someone is going to be thrilled to receive one of these beauties!! Stunning card and those houses are just magnificent!

Marlena M. said...

Stunning work Marcia! Wow!

Birgit said...

Oh my goodness Marcia, you totally outdid yourself on these projects. I adore them!!! Your cup is so close to the new set, I thought you'd gotten your hands on the new set already. Those houses with the polka dotted and striped roofs... gah!! Love it all!!

Helen F. said...

LOVE That sweet cup of yummy, Marcia! Such beautiful colors on the card and those adorable little houses! Awesome Christmas treats here.