Friday, September 7, 2018

Make It Monday #335 - Pop Up Slider Cards

Hello friends.  Betsy is up this week with a FUN Make It Monday challenge using a little bit of creative engineering to make a pop up slider card.

Watched the video twice to make sure I knew what I was doing and still had to really think when it came time to insert the sliding mechanism...good thing I like art better than engineering!  But it was still a FUN technique and I got one more card done for my Christmas stash using the Warmest Wishes stamp set...


Did a little bit of ink blending using Peacock Feathers and Mowed Grass Distress Inks for my background, (and also did a little water splattering to resemble snow) and then did some masking with the tree image from the set.  Stamped my bear twice and fussy cut both out and then used Pure Poppy to ink up the sweater and fussy cut that also to add to the bear.


Because I had my trees in the background there wasn't a really good space to stamp my hidden sentiment, so that's why I stamped and cut out the 2nd bear.  It doesn't get covered completely when the top bear is flat, but the 2nd one doesn't show enough to make it look bad.


In this close up you can see a bit better that the snowflake I added for the pull tab was WOS'd  to make it a little more festive!  My sentiment on the top of the card is from the Think Big Favorites #10 that I curved using my MISTI.

This was definitely a fun technique to play around with!  Check out Betsy's amazing card and video right HERE and then play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

What a fantastic take on the MIM, Marcia! I love that the polar bear is hiding his message under his sweater - so clever, and the whole scene is wonderful!

Julia Aston said...

Oh, a wonderful pop up slider design Marcia! I have all of these stamps so I may just have to CASE this to give it a try!! wonderful background sponging!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so adorable. I figured this would be right up you ally, since you showed us how to do that pop up box in Kansas. Cute, cute card, my friend.

Nancy Penir said...

Just darling, Marcia, right down to the pink blushed cheeks on the polar bear! You think of everything!

Bonnie said...

This is really fun, Marcia! It boggles my mind to think beyond a regular card so I'm really impressed! I love the forest of trees behind the adorable bear! And the snowflake on the pull is even more fun! What a fantastic card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

I love your frosty scene Marcia! Great idea to use two polar bears. Your ink blending made for the perfect background. This is a wonderful card. I received some happy mail today! Thank you so much, you are just as sweet as can be! I love visiting your blog and I appreciate your visits to mine more than you know. Have a blessed weekend sweet friend!

Susan Watanabe said...

How cute is this?!! I was thinking about using that cute polar bear too, but still needed to make a couple more Halloween cards. Your holiday card is perfect...love the aqua and lime green combo! :)

nancy littrell said...

I am definately a stamper and NOT an engineer, so I really appreciate and am impressed by your cute polar bear and snowflake slider, Marcia. I have only made one slider way back when.... TFS your Christmas card, Marcia. Hugs..

Ros Crawford said...

What a fun card! I love the design of this too Marcia... May have to give that one a try!

Birgit said...

This is darling Marcia! You're so clever to use the polar bear with the snowflake pull tab. Your inked background is perfect for this sweet winter setting. Totally adorable!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling bear in his sweet sweater, Marcia! Just love how you did the slider to reveal a hidden sentiment - perfect that you added a plain white bear for it!! Love the snowflake pull tab too!!

Marybeth said...

Love the card you made for the pop up! I had to laugh , thought I was the only one who felt like I needed an engineering degree. Love the curved sentiment over the bear!

Marlena M. said...

Marcia this is so cute! I love the idea of the second bear underneath~you're so clever!