Monday, January 14, 2019

CAS Christmas Jan. 2019 - Blue and Silver

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with this month's CAS Christmas challenge where they are looking for BLUE and SILVER.


When I was playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge last week I ended up making a card that would fit for this month's Christmas challenge with Blue and Silver.  Take a look:


I used a TCW stencil called Aspen Trees and several different shades of blue inks from Gina K.  I used my sponge daubers and started with the lightest color and then worked my way from the outside in leaving the center lighter to look like moonlight was filtering through the grove of trees.  I framed it with a white frame (PTI's Pierced Feature Frames) and then added stars (Gina Marie Designs) and the "Joy" die cut sentiment (PTI's Bold Borders: Flurries with a really soft finish silver cs that was gifted to me by Darnell.  Here's a closer look:


I just love the way this card came out...CAS, elegant, and oh so pretty!  Most people are pretty tired of Christmas cards by now, but I love making them all year round, and I'm even happier when I have a completed stash ready to go in the beginning of December!

Join in the FUN and play along with this month's challenge...you can check out all the inspiration from Loll and the DT HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Joyous card, in the pretty challenge colors, Marcia! LOve that JOY die!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful card, Marcia! I love the way you've sponged the color! This forest looks enchanted and festive! Definitely a joy, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bobby said...

Such a lovely forest scene, Marcia, and that Joy die is scrumptious.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful framing for such a pretty wintry forest scene Marcia, thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Lisa Elton said...

How lovely are those stars twinkling through the trees! This is ever so pretty Marcia. I just love that joy die and it looks right at home here!

Jeanne H said...

I really love your card, Marcia. Super well done!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card!
xx Karen

Loll said...

Gorgeous Marcia! Love the beatuiful stenciled background ... so pretty in blue. You could add this to CAS Stencil as well. xx

Sharron said...

Fabulous and frosty, so great for those colors! Love the stars and that wonderful joy die! I keep thinking I need that die set, just for the JOY!

Trina P. said...

Such a lovely serene card, Marcia. Beautiful sponging. The silver pops beautifully against it. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Ros Crawford said...

So very pretty and the BG is wonderful!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the background behind the trees, and the wonderful scattering of silver stars!

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and magical, Marcia ... and so deliciously CAS ... the touches of silver make it seem wonderfully frosty! Hugs, Anita :)