Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

CAS Christmas and CAS Mix Up August 2026

Hello friends.  Sharing a quick and easy card for both the CAS Christmas Challenge (Santa's Sleigh) and the CAS Mix Up Challenge (Stenciling over patterned paper).



And here's what I came up with using Cottage Cutz Vintage Horse & Sleigh and PTI's Spring Rain striped DSP that I stenciled snowflakes from The Greetery's Frosty Flakes Stencils.


I started by stenciling my snowflakes using residual ink from my blue blending brush onto the striped DSP, and then matted it with a piece of black cs. (Although you can't see it, I did add WOS to the stenciled snowflakes.) I die cut the Vintage Horse & Sleigh from black cs (twice for a little more stability) for a silhouette look and added it with foam strips to the DSP.


I added my stenciled DSP and sleigh to the upper portion of my white card base and then added the sentiment from PTI's In The Meadow stamp set below.  Very simple and quick & easy, but I love the way it turned out!  Lots of inspiration on both the CAS Christmas site and also the CAS Mix Up site.  These challenges are both open till Monday, August 31st.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



20 comments:

  1. I love your sleigh silhouette, Marcia and the frosty blue snowy sky! Pretty card. So happy to have you playing along at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stenciled snowflakes just pop of the softly striped patterned background, Marcia. Beautiful horse and sleigh and perfect sentiment wonderfully finish the card. A CAS beauty!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas and CAS Mix Up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Cottage Cutz die! There are hidden gems to be found there, and at the right price in the sales! Your stenciled snowflakes look exactly perfect on the stripes. The ideal sentiment. Altogether an utterly fabulous WOW card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia, I just love your horsedrawn sleigh! I have been seeing so many darling silhouette dies and stamps lately- I might have to cut a few of these one day!
    Your stenciled snowflakes over stripes are just fantastic!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great color choice. And the silhouette is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Marcia! I like how you stenciled the snowflakes over the printed paper. That silhouette is such a pretty die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snowflakes look terrific on that striped paper, Marcia, and the black border reigns in the panel to accent the silhouetted sleigh. Perfect sentiment too and still CAS. Thanks for sharing this delightful card with us at CAS Mix-Up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome card, Marcia! Who would've thought stripes and snowflakes go together so well. Truly a great card, Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE your stenciled over DP background here, Marcia! It's a beautiful backdrop for your wonderful sleigh! Thanks for joining in my challenge this month at CAS Christmas: Santa's Sleigh! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stenciled snowflakes look perfect on that DSP and your silhouette sleigh is the perfect topping. Love the sentiment at the bottom too. Great card my friend. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty horse and sleigh die, Marcia, and looks perfect on the stenciled stripes! So perfectly CAS and lovely, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Marcia. I love how you've stenciled the snowflakes onto your patterned paper creating the perfect backdrop for that pretty die cut. Thank you for playing along with CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a lovely card Marcia. The stencilled snowflakes look great and the sleigh die cut is fab! Thanks for linking up at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you stamped snowflakes on the dp, that is a great idea, I hope I can remember that one! I love that die cut too, it is perfect for this challenge!! Thank you for playing along with us again, I am always inspired by your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marcia, I love that vintage Horse and Sleigh stamp and how you added the snowflakes to that striped pattern paper. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, the silhouette die agains the DP looks wonderful and I absolutely love that sentiment ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a lovely take on the challenge and technique.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card...wonder where my die set is. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how the striped paper resembles a corrugated panel, which I thought it was. The perfect background for your silhouette with the falling snowflakes. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that blue striped paper Marcia, and the added blue stencilled snowflakes make a wonderful background for your beautiful black silhouette horse drawn sleigh, and the perfect sentiment to finish it too. How lovely to see you playing along with us at CAS Mix Up. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...your comments really do make my day!