Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches #751

Hello friends. Just popping in with a quick card for the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge...my sweet friend Michele is hosting and has a wonderful sketch for us to follow!

And here's what I came up with...


An easy card to put together as the leaf was already done in the package from last year or maybe even longer...I just knew it would work beautifully with the sketch!  I used a piece of kraft cs that I ran through with SSS's Falling Leaves EF and then lightly ink blended over it with residual ink on my brown blender brush.  I attached it to a rustic cream card base and then added a small rectangle from Pumpkin Pie (SU!) cs on an angle to match the sketch. Next I die cut from the rustic cream cs the frame from PB's Snowflake Stitch Frames (just pretend they're not snowflakes!!) and added it on an angle too per the sketch. Next I added the leaf which is from IO/Dina Kowal (E13817) with foam tape for a bit of added dimension.  


To finish, I added a twine bow to the leaf, a few champagne pearls from PFS, and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Autumn Flowers.  

Lots of wonderful inspiration using Michele's sweet sketch that you can find right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Monday, Aug. 31st @ 3:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

  1. It's amazing, Marcia! You and Michele are two peas in a pod -- both have Fall on the brain and made great cards for the theme. I love the sweet frame -- it works perfectly to highlight your pretty fall leaf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fall card Marcia! Love the beautiful embossed background with your bright square of orange and beautiful maple leaf! Great use of the sketch, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is in the air and this card is a wonderful celebration of it. The embossed leafy background is the perfect setting for that brilliant maple leaf. Hope you're starting to get some cooler temps my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to use Michele's sketch, Marcia! Your leaf looks real and I didn't see snowflakes! This frame is very versatile! Loving the bit of inking on the embossed background too! This is a beautiful reminder that fall is not far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We aren't using, or seeing, that four-letter word, Marcia! I see nothing but a gorgeous Maple leaf [almost just like those on your beautiful tree that welcomes me in Autumn!]
    I'm so happy you had an opportunity to play cards with my sketch - and your playtime is spectacular!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. That leftover leaf was a beautiful starting point to a fantastic Fall card, Marcia. All the embossing and layers went together so well and that great sentiment is the perfect final touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets now think of them as snowflakes, lets think of them as dew LOL!! Pretty card, Marcia and such a wonderful take on Michele's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fall beauty this is. Love those leaves - both front and in the background! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see any snowflakes, just a lovely fall card. Love the colors and layers. The embossed panel is perfect with your lovely leaf and the sentiment is also. Great card my friend.
    Have a great weekend. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep seeing this wonderful sketch and loving it lots. How beautiful this is with your leaf and the leafy embossed background. I can easily pretend that frame is not snowflakes. It's simply a pretty way to set off your lovely leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! It's always nice to see you in our FMS gallery! Love the single maple leaf and wonderful fall colors! Thanks for joining us and playing with Michele's sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...your comments really do make my day!