It's been a bit cooler here (and wet!!!), so I've had Fall on the brain, and this sweet little line up of pumpkins from Impression Obsession (by Lindsay Ostrom D19277) fit the bottom half of this card
perfectly! I stamped the image in black and heat set it with clear embossing powder, and then did some paper piecing which I haven't done in quite some time! I used dsp from PTI in Canyon Clay, Basic Kraft, & Hawaiian Shores and fussy cut out each pumpkin and I really love how this came out.
For the top half of the card I used a piece of kraft cs and embossed it with my SU! Subtle ef. I finished it quite simply with a piece of narrow seam binding ribbon to cover the center of the card and then added a strip sentiment from Gina K's All At Once Greetings that I embossed in white on black cs. I used foam tape behind the sentiment for a bit of dimension and then told myself to leave it as it really didn't need anything else.
Nothing like getting in at the last minute, but I craft when I can these days! This challenge is only open till 3:00PM today, but maybe if you're quick you can still play along. You can find the DT's fabulous cards right HERE if you need some inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




This is beautiful!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI love your row of colorful pumpkins Marcia! And to think they were fussy cut, too! Thanks always for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Paper piecing is perfect for this pretty row of pumpkins, Marcia - I give you extra credit for those teensy pieces! I love that sweet ribbon and bold sentiment, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing a bit of your free time with FMS, my friend - we sure appreciate it! x
=]
Darling little pumpkins-- they are super sweet and PERFECT for the sketch! I also love the paper piecing colors you chose. This one just makes my heart happy, Marcia.
ReplyDeleteLOVE those pumpkins!! :) The paper piecing with the perfect way to add colour to them. They are whimsical and fun ... and the papers you've use take that up a notch. Love the colour and texture of the piece above. Great CAS design, Marcia!
ReplyDeleteAck, I love those pumpkins! I was always a fan of Lindsay Ostram's designs. Your fantastic paper piecing makes them even cuter. I really love this sketch and all the cards I've seen with it. You aced it, Marcia!
ReplyDeleteThose pumpkins are adorable in the prints, Marcia. Wonderful card for a Fall birthday!
ReplyDeleteYour paper pieced pumpkins are so perfect for this sketch, Marcia, and the colors and prints perfect! I believe you have a winner here!
ReplyDeleteI like IO stamps, how did I miss those cute pumpkins? This is delightful, Marcia!
ReplyDeleteI'm completely in love with this pumpkins. Love this card and every single detail. So glad to see you this week at FMS!
ReplyDeleteThese pumpkins are just amazing! I love them! Love their patterns and colours! That background texture is fabulous as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful line-up of pumpkins! I love their whimsical style and the cheerful colors. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun row of pumpkins! Your card is fantastic. I thought you used patterned stamps to fill in those pumpkins. Your fussy cutting and paper piecing skills blow me away. I like the rich texture of the top cardstock panel. It goes perfectly with these wonderful fall pumpkins. Glad you're getting some cooler weather. Glad you found time to get inky.
ReplyDeleteWonderful use of the sketch and love that row of pumpkins!
ReplyDeleteThose are great pumpkins and I love the texture on top.
ReplyDeleteThis is a simply wonderful card, Marcia. When I saw the sketch, I contemplated what I would do with one or the other of those halves! Your idea was perfect and the result is marvelous. I love that row of pumpkins, and paper piecing them was definitely the way to go. I really love this card too.
ReplyDelete