When I posted my card for the current Color Hues Challenge, I received so many wonderful comments about it using a stencil from The Ton called Cosmos Border Stencil, and I remembered when I first got the stencil a few months ago, I made several cards with it using different color combos. Thought you might like to see the other 3 cards I made with the stencils, just in case you were on the fence about whether you NEEDED this stencil set or not! Take a look...
I used Gina K's light, medium & dark Orchid inks to stencil these Cosmos, and then added the SB's Hemstitch Die for a border just like I did in the card for Color Hues. My sentiment is from sweet Michele and I believe it is a SB's press plate die. A few clear gems (PFS) finished this one off.
For this one I decided to use a rainbow of colors (all Gina K inks) and really liked how bright and cheerful it turned out! The die cut and stamped sentiment is also Gina K's Birthday Sparkle. I added a few Cream Puff sequins from SSS to finish this one off.
This one was done with Lilac and Carnation inks (Gina K) and I was trying to do an eclipse card with it, but there was too much white in the center, so not much of the hello (also Gina K) was hidden like when you're die cutting from more of a all over print. Oh well, it still turned out pretty and someone will enjoy receiving it!
Usually I try to make at least 2 cards when I get a new stamp or die set so that I can say I got my money's worth...since I made 4 cards already with this set of stencils and want to try making some Christmas cards with it, I think I definitely have gotten my money's worth from it!
I wish I could say I'll be back to regular posting, but at this point I'm just taking it day by day. My mom definitely needs me right now and that has to be my priority. I know many of you have been in my shoes caring for an elderly parent and will totally understand where I am coming from, so don't give up on me...I'll post when I can. Hugs. :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




12 comments:
I fear there will be a run on this stencil set after seeing these beauties, Marcia. They are gorgeous in any color and I can't wait to see how you turn them into Christmas cards. BTW: I know I mentioned to you that blogger no longer did the follow blogs when I tried to do it so I'm not surprised they stopped updating them.
Marcia, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's fall. You are definitely right in where your priorities need to be, and your mom is lucky you are close enough to support her. Your cards are fabulous!! One more gorgeous than another. It's almost impossible to pick a favorite, so I won't.
I'm so happy to see these gorgeous cards, Marcia - doubly happy to get your post in my inbox! I miss you! What a fabulous stencil set this is and your color choices make it even more desirable, my friend... take care of mom, and yourself! We will all be here sending prayers and patiently awaiting your return!
xx
Your mom should be your priority and I hope she mends fast and completely. Sending prayers for her & you. Wow your 3 Cosmos border cards are beautiful. So glad you shared them. The birthday one is my favorite with those bright colors. You definitely got your money's worth out of these stencils. Take care and will look forward to your posts when you are able. Hugs.
Marcia, I think it's amazing what you're managing to do under the circumstances. I do hope your mom recovers enough for independent living, but in the meantime she's lucky to have you watching out for her. I'm especially glad you shared these three cards today because your first cosmos card had me in a swoon! You are incredible with your stenciling and color choices!
LOve, LOve, LOve all three cards! Wow they're beauties,Marcia. I'm sorry to hear about your mom but may the Lord be with her and bless her healing process. Take care of yourself too and we'll be thrilled when we see you again!
I think this puts me over the edge, Marcia! If there are any of these stencils left anywhere, they will be landing in my basket! I'm sorry about your Mom's fall and she definitely needs to be your priority! Treasure your moments with her, my friend. Now off to do some shopping. I hope I can use these stencils as beautifully as you have!
Ya, these are gorgeous. Now my wallet is less full. Thank you. I am struck by these cards Marcia. SO very beautiful.
I am over the moon in love with all three cards! Your color choices are all just perfect together. You have such a good eye for color. I can't wait for my stencils to arrive and then I can try casing your cards before venturing out into my own color world. I do hope your mom heals well enough for independent living again. She is in my prayers.
Oh no, Marcia I'm so sorry to hear this about your mom. You will both be in my prayers. Remember to take care of yourself too. Your cards are all absolutely gorgeous, I love that stencil! I'm with you on blogger. I don't know what's going on, but it's frustrating!
Yes, most of us know what you are going through, Marlinda, and we understand how caring for your lovely mom has to be your priority. Take care of yourself, too, my friend.
As for your cards, I do believe you should get a commission from the Ton for all the stencils you have sold for them with this delightful array of floral borders! WOW! My favorite is the first one with the hemstitch border, but I love how just changing up the colors makes such a difference. And thank you for the inspiration to make at least a couple, if not more, when we use our NBUS! Love, prayers, and hugs, Darnell
Taking care of your Mom's needs is definitely a priority and crafting sometimes needs to be put on the back burner for a while. Thanks for sharing your older cards made with that stencil--LOVE the rainbow one! Take good care, Marcia!
Post a Comment