Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Color Hues #141 - PURPLE & ARTICHOKE

Hello friends.  It's the middle of the month and time for another challenge here at Color Hues. Sheri is our hostess for this round and she has chosen the beautiful pairing of PURPLE & ARTICHOKE.


I had fun with this one, using an older set from The Greetery (Print Shop: Fresh Floral) that I hadn't used in quite some time!  Take a look...


 
This set uses stencils and stamps, and I have to admit it was fun to do a little stamping after using not much other than stencils and die cuts the past few years (not including sentiments!!).  The larger flowers are the stenciled ones and the rest are stamped.  I used Gina K's trio of Lilac inks and the closest I could find to artichoke (after googling it) was my Old Olive (SU!) stamp pad.


 I trimmed my panel down and added it to a top folding white card base, and then added my sentiment from SB's Bouquet of Hugs Sentiments which was letter pressed.


I also added a single flower that I stenciled, stamped and die cut, and then added with foam tape down by the sentiment.  A few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K) were added for a touch of bling.

The DT and our Special GD Amanda all have some beautiful cards to inspire you that you can find right HERE, so check it out and play along!  We'd love to see YOU in the gallery!!  This challenge is open till Tuesday, Sept. 29th @ 9:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

  1. Marcia, this is so beautiful! Your stencil/stamp set is just perfect for these colors! I'm pretty stoked about getting to use GREEN!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful with your stamped and stenciled flowers. This is a great color combo and your used it perfectly. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicate and feminine! Love this, Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty Marcia, these new stamp stencil combos are so effective! A very elegant card design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mix of stamping and stenciling made a beautiful panel of flowers, Marcia, and they are lovely in the purple and artichoke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding me that I too have this set and have not used it in a very long time. This is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so lovely, Marcia. Your purples are wonderful; and look fabulous with the green you chose. So glad you dug these supplies out of your stash, Marcia. Great choice for these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P:ure stenciling and stamping magic, Marcia! So much beautiful detail, and even with one flower die cut and popped up. The sentiment couldn't be more perfect with it. Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marcia, this is magical. You've pulled lovely shades and perfectly placed your stamps and stenciled bloom. when I looked at the colors I too thought of old olive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, oh man! Marcia, you've used these colors in the most scrumptious and gorgeous way! Superb, dear Friend, this is truly superb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never paid attention to this set before, but I'm sure giving it a look now, Marcia! It's beautiful in purples and artichoke and the combination of stenciling, stamping and die cutting is amazing! So beautiful, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marcia, those florals look incredible! So delicate and sweet, they look lovely in the shades of purple you used. Another gorgeous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beauty my dear, Marcia! This set was perfect for this combo! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Marcia! It's wonderful how that stencil fills the whole panel. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Marcia!! LOVE these colours with this amazing stencil and stamped design. I love the one flower that is popped up beside the lovely sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marcia, I'm positively swooning over the gorgeous stamped + stenciled + die cut floral arrangement you've created. The colour combination works perfectly with this set and I can just imagine how stunning it would be with any colours. A WOW in every way.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. As soon as I saw this gorgeous card, I knew I needed to pull out this wonderful set from The Greetery again! I love the balance you created with the larger flowers and their bold purple, and the delicate stamped florals. Such a pretty, pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a beautiful card, Marcia! Someone gave me that set and now I'm determined to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...your comments really do make my day!