Sunday, October 4, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches #756

Hello friends.  A sweet friend made some absolutely adorable cards last week using mice images and I told myself I didn't NEED them (but did I order them?? You bet I did...I admit I'm weak!!) and that I had several mouse images in my stamp collection I could use.  I pulled out an oldie but goody from MFT and came up with a card to play along with Freshly Made Sketches.


Using Kim's sketch, I came up with this...


This little pumpkin toting mouse is from MFT's Harvest Mouse and I colored him with my Copics and then fussy cut him out. (I do have the dies but didn't want the white border around him!)  I used a SSS Fall Foliage ef for my kraft background and also on a piece of Elegant Eggplant cs (SU!) that fit my PFS Dotted Postage Square Die.


Per Kim's sketch, I used a scrap I found in my Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage Background stamp & stencil set package that matched perfectly with my mouse and the embossed eggplant piece. Don't ya love it when you save a leftover scrap and actually end up using it?! It's at least a year old and maybe even 2 years ago. I used foam tape behind my sweet mouse and also on my strip sentiment that I embossed in white on kraft using Gina K's All At Once Greetings. Pretty CAS (for me) and I really like the way it turned out!!

As usual I'm getting in at the tail end of this challenge, but you can find all kinds of beautiful cards from the DT and those already in the gallery right HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oh Marcia, that mouse is from one of my fave Birdie Brown sets! I love how you showcased him, postage style, and your colors are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, what a sweet card, Marcia! I like your colorful leaves with this little cutie. I remember being forced to buy this MFT set after those mice were included in one of our 12 Kits of Occasions!

I Card Everyone said...

He'll always be a favorite of mine, Marcia! I love that you made him the star of the sketch and added all of these wonderful, colorful leaves!
Adorable! Thanks for spending those few precious moments with us at FMS!
=]

TK said...

Adorable! I too have this set, so no reason to buy the others other than "I need him"! The sketch worked wonders and I absolutely adore the paper that you made ages ago, it's so perfect for him!

Bobby said...

I ran across an envelope with a few of these images and I think they came from Michele years ago. He made a darling card and what fabulous colors, Marcia. Just a hint. If you don't want the white to show, color the edges with a marker the same color as the background. Much easier than fussy cutting, just sayin' .

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I always adored this set when I saw it used, but I never got it. I probably missed the window of opportunity, but that's seriously okay because I'm already running myself out of house and home and I don't want to give anything more up! Love your card with the purple and orange on kraft with all the leafy goodness to back up the cute critter. You know how I feel about my mousie stamps. Which reminds me... I have a mouse die I haven't used yet. There's always something!

Kim S said...

SO cute! He's beautifully colored and I love him with the embossed leaves and that absolutely perfect "scrap"! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is ADORABLE! Your nailed it with the sketch and each element of your card works together perfectly. Great work, my friend! xx

Cécile RIBON said...

What a sweet card! This little mouse is a true darling! The coloring is amazing, so incredibly smooth! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

Bonnie said...

I can't say anything about ordering those tempting adorable mice! This one is just as cute and I love how the paper strip works so beautifully with him! (I can't wait to see the new mice on their way to you.)