Friday, September 25, 2026

A Few Friendly Ghosts

Hello friends.  Just a quick post to share 2 Halloween cards I made for my oldest 2 grandkids (they're at an age where they like to save my cards and display them on their dressers), and I'm sharing them over at the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.


Both cards were made with mostly products from The Greetery, and although there was a lot of small pieces and busy work, I love how they turned out and was glad I put the time into them!


I used the Market Place No. 1 & Market Place No. 2 dies for the larger houses and the Market Place Mini dies for the smaller houses on the right hand side of each card.  Most of the Halloween elements were from PTI's Spookville Manor set (done by Betsy Veldman waaaaay back when she was still designing for PTI).  The gray cats are from Poppystamps and the names on the buildings are from The Greetery's Market Place Eerie Avenue stamp set.


The upper half of my backgrounds were inked with DOX inks and a small circle mask to bring the full moon in.  I had a lot of fun picking and choosing the colors and decorating these haunted houses up for Halloween...hopefully the grands will get a kick out of them too!


Here they both are together and I can't even pick a favorite...I love them both!  This challenge is only open for a couple more days, but the DT and the cards already in the gallery are FA-BOO-LOUS and filled with inspiration!  You can find it all HERE.  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

These really are fa-boo-lous! These sets you brought together seem like they were all meant for each other. Everything goes perfectly with each other. I do like your spooky houses and not too spooky ghosts. Your grands will love them, I'm sure!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, Marcia! Your grandkids are going to love these! They're SPOOK-TACULAR!!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia they truly are little paper works of art and Halloween fun! The kiddos are gonna flip!

TK said...

DEFINITELY works of art! Wow, all those pieces are tedious (I've been frozen just looking at mine), but the results are awesome. I bought the Christmas ones last year after your debut with them... now to clear out a weekend just for playing with them.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how fun! Ack! I can't say enough. I love any excuse to play at utter whimsy and I don't think you're ever too old for it. Love the 'Yummy Mummy Cafe' and 'Phantom Post Mail Service', teehee! Each card has its own fun little differences. Love the ghost coming out the door of the cafe. Fantastic, Marcia!

Diane said...

OMGosh, these are SPOOK-ta-CULAR!! I LOVE all the details and love to fuss with stuff like this myself, once done you feel like you have really accomplished something, and you HAVE!! I have some grands in their 20s now that have every card I have ever made them including their baby cards, I love that!! This has to be two of my favorite Halloween cards I've seen!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Two Old Bats Co-Owner

Bonnie said...

I LOVE your spooky houses, Marcia, especially with the shutters falling off. More fun than spooky so the kiddos won't mind having them displayed in their rooms. Friendly and fun, my friend!

Bobby said...

I would be displaying these cards if they were mine, Marcia. They are so beautifully done with all the tiny pieces and Halloween embellishments.

Cat Craig said...

Lovin those colors Marcia.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are amazing, Marcia. They look like a ton of work but they certanly came out incredibly well. I love them both. Also love that their recipients are in to displaying them. Best compliment ever!