Wednesday, September 9, 2026

CAS Mix Up - Sept. 2026

Hello friends.  Carved out a little time to make a card for the CAS Mix Up Challenge where they are looking SUNFLOWERS and WATER COLORING.


I have lots of Sunflower stamps, dies and stencils, but one I keep going back to is Spellbinders Sunflower Serenade dies.  Here's what I came up with...


I die cut all my Sunflower pieces from white cotton cs and water colored them all with my Aqua Painter and inks. After they dried and were glued together, I arranged them in a basket that my sweet friend Bobby had cut for me last year (I believe it's from Honey Bee, but could be wrong). I attached the basket and Sunflowers to a piece of white cs that I ran through with SU!'s Cane Weave ef.


I really like how this turned out and decided to leave a sentiment off the outside and just add one inside when I decide what to use it for!

Lots of beautiful inspiration to get you started on this challenge from the DT and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till the end of the month. 


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a marvelous basket of blooms! Your colored those sunflowers perfectly, Marcia! I just love this!

TK said...

Your sunflowers are gorgeous! and the basket was the perfect carrier for them! This is so pretty, Marcia, and it'll be awesome, no matter the use.

I Card Everyone said...

I had a little look at this beauty on IG but HAD TO come by for a little up close and personal peek!! Marcia, this is just gorgeous in every way!
=]

Jeanne H said...

Yes, a gogeous card. I really admire your work here (and always).

Loll said...

I LOVE these sunflowers and have the same dies. :) You've watercoloured them beautifully and I love them in the wonderful basket that was a gift from a friend. :) The embossed background really shows off the pretty flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

JoAnn said...

Your basket of sunflowers is gorgeous Marcia. Great job watercoloring the die cuts and arranging them.. They look great on that pretty embossed background.

Bobby said...

Yes the basket is from Honey Bee and you filled it with gorgeous sunflowers, Marcia. I love that die and never thought about watercoloring the flowers but they look spectacular. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS MIx-Up.

Viv said...

I like how this turned out too Marcia! A fab basket and sunflower bouquet. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Cat Craig said...

I so love those sunflowers Marcia. Your arrangement looks fabulous.

Bonnie said...

WOW! This basket of sunflowers is AMAZING, Marcia! I think it's my all time favorite of your cards (and I have a lot of favorites)! This bouquet is perfect in the basket! WOW!

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful, Marcia! The sunflowers themselves are spectacular, but with your watercoloring and the basket as well as the cane weave in the background -- wow! Beyond amazing!