Thursday, September 24, 2026

CAS Christmas Sept. 2026 - Woodland Critters

Hello friends.  Playing along with the CAS Christmas Challenge where they are looking for Woodland Critters.


I was recently enabled by a friend (you know who you are!) about a sale at Unity Stamps and HAD to take advantage of a few new adorable stamps!  This was one of them that fit the challenge perfectly...


The name of the stamp is Woodland Visitors...pretty fitting, huh?!  And I love that this red rubber stamp has all the shading etched into it, so not much coloring needed...just a few Copics on the bunny, the bird, and the carrot nose.  


I added a bit of TH's Grit Paste for snow and while that was drying stamped my sentiment from an CCC Anita Jeram stamp set called Make A Wish Mini. I added a piece of gingham-like DSP from PTI on the bottom third of the card and finished with a piece of jute twine, and the sentiment backed with foam tape. And a couple gold dots. Easy peasy and done. I really LOVE this image and what a cute and quick card it made.

Sweet Lisa Elton is hosting this challenge, and her and the rest of the DT all have some amazing cards to share for inspiration that you can all see right HERE.  This challenge is open till Wednesday, September 30th.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, this one made a quick climb to the top of my Marcia-made cards!!! OH, do I love this darling duo and how you've left the stamp to do its own magic and yet somehow added a bit of your own magic with that snow and tiny bits of color! Just....phenomenal! WWCD!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Ooohhh, this is just DARLING, Marcia! I'm loving that sweet bunny and his frosty friend. Thanks so much for playing at CAS Christmas!

TK said...

SO amazing! I absolutely love the stamp being left as is with the little pops of color, the plaid dsp is spot on, and this card is definitely a winner in my book!

Bonnie said...

You found the perfect stamp for this challenge and how lucky that it was on sale! I love the organic look with the Jute twine and kraft checks!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love!!!

Bobby said...

Your card has an amazing vintage look with just a touch of color and a little snow, Marcia. So cute times two, actually three with the bird.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how I love the vintage look of this sweet stamp on kraft! No coloring other than your little touches is needed for it to look amazing. The dainty gingham and linen thread and the bitty bits of snow are absolute perfection!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so adorable with that sweet bunny and cute snowman. Love the gingham and twine to bring your card together. Love it. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

The monochromatic design with little touches of colours is so striking, Marcia! Adorable image and perfect colouring. Love the sweet sentiment and that strip of gingham. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Julia Aston said...

SO pretty on the kraft paper, Marcia! The little touches of snow and the orange carrot nose add just the right amount of accent to your lovely image with bunny, bird and snowman! Love the kraft check panel with the twine bow and sweet sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CAS Christmas: Woodland Creatures! Julia xx

Birgit said...

This is darling, Marcia! And to think I almost missed it. I just happened to be scrolling through your blog and I'm so glad I did. This little snowman and bunny friend is just too cute! Such a great idea to add a bit of texture to the snow and let the image to all the magic. Sweet, sweet card my friend.

Pat said...

There are several Unity stamps which I love but you have to spend too large an amount for them to send them, so no go hahaha, and this is one. I love that you have stamped it onto Kraft and added the gingham paper on the lower half and with a bit of added snow and twine and a lovely bannner sentiment too..a terrific CAS card Marcia. x

Cat Craig said...

Delicate and soft so pretty.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh. My. Goodness! That image is so amazing. I do love Unity Stamps and their deeply etched rubber... This one is incredible. I love that you left it basically alone to be the star of the show. The Grit Paste wis very effective here. This is so very special, Marcia.