Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Vintage Bookmark

Hello friends.  Are you a book lover?  I have been a book lover since I very first learned to read, and ALWAYS have a book going!  I love to use bookmarks too, and it just hit me the other day that I have been using a "Christmas" bookmark since last fall, and I should probably "update" it!  So instead of a card today, here's a bookmark:



Isn't it prettyful (as my middle daughter used to say)??  I used PTI's Bookmark Die #3 to cut out my bookmark, and then lay a torn piece of paper over the top while I stamped the bottom half with SU!'s En Francais background stamp in Soft Suede ink.  Flipping the torn paper over and covering the bottom half of the bookmark, I used VersaMark and Hero Arts Leafy Vines background stamp, and then embossed with white embossing powder.  Next I used Tea Dye Distress Ink to make the Leafy Vines image "pop" and to edge around the bottom half of the bookmark.  I'm really into butterflies right now (along with many millions of others I think!!), so added a gold die cut butterfly from Memory Box (Vivienne Butterfly).  I also added a few gold sequins and some seam binding ribbon and gold cord to finish off my new bookmark.  May sound a bit detailed, but it was really quick and easy to do!

Edited to Add:  I'm linking this post up to the CCCB (City Crafters Challenge Blog) where they are asking for gold die cuts on your project.  Thanks for the info Kara Lynne!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0) 

5 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

So gorgeous, Marcia! I love the soft color and the gold butterfly together! This would go nicely in the City Crafters Challenge this week if you want to play.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh that's pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB, good to see you here Marcia!

Dana M said...

Beautiful bookmark Marcia!

Samra said...

Goooooooorgeous!!! Love the design and everything else! Thank you for joining CCCB this week!
Samra DT