I started by using Ken Oliver's Fuchsia Color Burst powder and water, and when dry, die cut all the pieces to make a full container of the Geraniums. I just love the speckles and variations in the color you get from using these powders! Here's a closer up...
I love too how you can make the flowers dimensional with the extra petals and the way the die cuts some of the petals in the main piece so you can lift them up! The leaves and the pot were die cut on white cardstock and then colored with a sponge dauber and DOX inks. The background was smooshed with some Salty Ocean distress ink and water, and when dry, die cut using The Greetery's Deco Frame Dies. I attached everything to a top folding white card base, and then decided to leave a sentiment off the card and leave as is.
My 2nd card uses Altenew's Fantasy Floral Die which I've had for forever and never used...another oops!! Take a look...
The flower consists of 3 die cut pieces, and the middle layer is from a piece of cardstock that I had used Merlot Color Burst on, and the top and bottom die cut pieces are from SU!'s Rose Red cardstock.
The leaves were cut from a scrap of cardstock that I had used Ponderosa Pine Lindy's Magicals on, and it's so hard to capture on camera, but the mica flakes in this powder are SO shimmery and pretty, and really makes these leaves stand out!
There is also gold in the leaves, so to compliment them, I used gold mirror cardstock for my die cut sentiment (SSS - With Sympathy) and also a layer of the gold mirror cardstock behind my white layer that I also used Spellbinders Hemstitch Die on. I love how CAS and yet elegant this card turned out!
So there you have my two Flower Challenge cards that didn't make it into the challenge on time! Hopefully I get back into the swing of things a little more quickly next time! There were some absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards using dies from the DT and in the gallery that you should take a look at if you're looking for inspiration right HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!