Friday, May 13, 2016

Don't Forget to Write

Hello friends.  Like many of you, I purchased the Don't Forget to Write kit from PTI two weeks ago, and then when I opened mine up, I looked at all the stamps and dies, packaged it all back up and thought, "What did I just do?!"  I was overwhelmed and thought maybe I had made a mistake!  Unless you use the pre-printed papers that come with the kit, these are NOT quick and easy cards!  Two days ago I got brave enough to take everything back out of the box again, and then got started.  I decided to make a set of the small scalloped edged note cards for myself first, so I could practice on something that wasn't meant for someone else.  It does take time to die cut everything, line everything up, and assemble, but I have to tell you that the results are fabulous and I am SO tickled with this little set of 8 cards and little storage box I made.  Take a look:






I'm so excited that I took the time and now have a set of my very own monogrammed notecards!  Was it a lot of work?  Yes, but it actually ended up being a labor of love so to speak.  Once I got started, it was exciting to see each little piece of it coming together!  I used my favorite color combo lately of Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, & Pine Feather inks, along with black for the design that goes around the circle, and then pulled the black in again with the bakers twine tied around the top edge of each card.  So anyway, what started out as something that was very overwhelming to me, ended up being a lot of fun and very relaxing, and I can't wait to get started on a few sets for gifts!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

 

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Awesome Marcia! Well worth the time and effort I think!!

Linda said...

Marcia, these are gorgeous. Fabulous job. I know sometimes things are just not so easy, but well worth it as my friend said above.

Birgit said...

These are so pretty, Marcia! It looks like all your work paid off, as these are gorgeous. I'm still on the fence about buying this kit for myself.... ;0)

lostinpaper said...

What a fabulous post, I'm so glad you opened the box again, your cards are pure elegance!

Loll said...

Adorable note cards Marcia. They are so sweet and I love your design. Great colours too. What a lovely gift set with it's own little box. xx

Marybeth said...

You made me LOL packaged it up! It does take a bit of time to stamp but I have to say I'm so glad I bought this set! I knew I was going to use it in a simpler way. Oh my gosh your set of cards ar gorgeous and I KNOW they were a la or of love ! Your. Is is beautiful,Marcia...wish we could stamp together I know we would have fun!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty colors and lovely card set!

Greta said...

Thank goodness I read this post! I had exactly the same response when I opened my box & haven't opened it since! You've given me hope that I will enjoy using it. Your cards are stunning, Marcia!