Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Make It Monday #247 - Watercolored Note Cards

Hello friends.  Playing along with this weeks Make It Monday challenge where Melissa Phillips shows us a bit of a different way to make quick and easy watercolored note card sets.  I used the Peonies on Parade watercolor cards for my set, and pretty much CASE'd the rest of Melissa's cards as they were just SOOOO pretty!  Take a look:





I used sponge daubers to apply my ink (Green Parakeet, Amethyst Allure, & Lavender Moon) and then my Aqua Painter to move the color around a bit.  (My first tries didn't work out too well, as I used too heavy a hand with the ink, and then after applying water, it just got too muddy!  I like how it turned out much better when I used a lighter hand with sponging on the ink!!)  I love the Choose Joy set, so used those for my sentiments just like Melissa did.  For my flourishes, I used an older SU! set called Priceless with Green Parakeet and Lavender Moon inks.  For my splatters I used Amethyst Allure ink.  A little bit of striped DSP, Silver Glitter paper, silver sequins, and a seam binding bow on one of them finished up this little trio of cards. 

I also made some matching envelopes using the flourishes for my cards:


This was such a fun challenge to play along with!  You can check out Melissa's video and beautiful cards all right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

22 comments:

Birgit said...

What a stunning set of cards you've made, Marcia! I love these done in purples!! Your swirls and spatters are artistic perfection, my friend!!

victoria h said...

love the purples- fab cards Marcia just like Melissa's

Linda said...

Beautiful cards Marcia. I tried those colors but was not successful so then went for the yellows/oranges.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Marsha, your cards are STUNNING!!!
These will be an awesome gift if you go that way.
You really did this challenge VERY well!

Loll said...

Great job with this technique Marcia! Love these sweet note cards. Have been seeing lots of cards from this technique, so need to check out the video! xx

Colleen said...

What an amazing collection of cards Marcia!! You really scored big time with this challenge!!

Marybeth said...

I am so impressed with everyone cards and yours are no exception! My goodness what a beautiful set of very detailed card , Marcia! I think I would like a do over :)

Marlena M. said...

Matching envelopes too-I'm so impressed! GORGEOUS set you've accomplished here Marcia~

Barbara said...

Outstanding note cards. After seeing these, I think I will go back and make some more. I love the colors and the flowers.

A splash of color said...

WOW what a nice set.. love the stamp sets and the watercoloring is perfect..

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, these are just gorgeous! beautiful in sweet purples. Very much regretting I didn't get the watercolor paper with the peonies. Oh, and matching envelopes, lovely!!!

Oreety said...

These are just lovely!!! I think I just might need to case this...so inspiring!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Marcia, these are so soft and pretty! Love the colours you used, absolutely gorgeous.

paperkicks said...

Marcia...these cards are beautiful!! Love that you used Peonies on Parade, and your colors are awesome!

Helen F. said...

Gorgeous set of watercolored cards, Marcia! This technique is perfect for those Peonies :-)

lainey said...

So pretty. Love the color combination on these! And matching envelopes too - what a lovely set!

Patti said...

Oh Marcia!! I wanna be just like you when I grow up!! WOW!! I love everything about your beautifully colored cards! SWOONING!

Patti

Skrater said...

These are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Diana K said...

So beautiful, Marcia, and heavenly colours too. Love how you channeled your inner Melissa!

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Marcia, I wish I had seen your card set before I made mine. You went over the top adding just the right finishing details for gorgeous results. You could have filled in for Melissa...I'm that impressed. 😀

Martha said...

OH, Marcia, what a simply beautiful set of cards. I love the pretty colors.

Sue said...

These are just stunning!!! I love how your cards turned out. I love each of them and how you finished them off, too! I agree with Kathy Mc! Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see these in person. I wish I hadn't ran out of time and tried this technique too.