Friday, May 20, 2016

Make It Monday #249 - Make It With Money

Hello friends.  Lexi shows us some great ways to use folded money on our cards in this weeks Make It Monday challenge.  I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, but after looking at and trying several different sites on origami folding with money, I have come to the conclusion that folding money into shapes is NOT my thing!  So I went back to Lexi's video and copied the shirt she showed how to fold...think I watched it 5 times!!  Anyway, after ALL that frustration, this is what I came up with:



I decided to make my money shirt into a shaker card, and used the Wet Paint stamp set to stamp my background, and the Pure Poppy & White Basics paper collection for the tie.  I hope my hubby doesn't want the dollar when he opens this up on Father's Day, as it's glued and sealed in the shaker part pretty darn well!  :0)

Make sure you check out Lexi's video and awesome cards right HERE and play along.  Lots of clever cards in the gallery too!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!  :0)

16 comments:

The Paper Toile said...

I love that you made a shaker card! Your folded shirt turned out fabulous!

Nancy Penir said...

Your shaker's a perfect way to showcase the origami money. Love that you used b/w and red. Striking simplicity. Fun, fun card, Marcia!

Linda said...

Great job Marcia. This didn't seem like a MIM that I could conquer. Lol. Yours turned out very cute.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your shirt enclosed in the shaker!

lexi said...

i love, love the shaker idea for this - it's has a kind of break in case of emergency vibe! so fun and clever!! thanks for playing make it monday!

lainey said...

Your frustration paid off because this is fabulous, and turning it into a shaker card made this special card even more special. I agree with you, origami is not my thing either! lol

Birgit said...

You're the smartest friend I know, Marcia! Genius to make this into a shaker card. I love Lexi's comment about "break in case of emergency"!!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

I agree, making this a shaker was quite clever!
You did a great job. Your husband will love it!

Patti said...

A shaker!! what a darling design Marcia!! I love what Lexi said about a break in case of emergency! giggles

Patti

victoria h said...

fab card- bet your husband will get that dollar bill!

Tracey McNeely said...

Well done Marcia! I think I need to give this a try!

Kay Miller said...

What a cute idea to do this as a shaker card Marcia! I love the way you stamped the sentiment too! Fabulous!!

Helen F. said...

Great money shirt, Marcia! Love the shaker card, it's perfect :)

Kathy Mc said...

Your origami shirt looks great with your Wet Paint sentiment stamped repeatedly and shaker card. Clever idea, Marcia!

Marlena M. said...

This is so cool Marcia~I kept shying away from the challenge and before I knew it, it was Monday again. You took the challenge to a fun level with a shaker~

Marybeth said...

Well it turned out awesome! I had to watch a lot of times too and refold! I'm not a fan of touching money .....I washed my hands so many times .