Thursday, May 12, 2016

Time Out Challenge #56 - CASE-ing Kay Miller

Hello friends.  The last few days I've seen some fabulous cards inspired by Kay Miller, whom I first learned about when she joined the Papertrey Ink team, and have been totally in awe of since!  She has a wonderfully unique style all her own, and you know a "Kay" card when you see it!  All of these cards that I've seen the past few days CASE-ing Kay are from a new (to me) challenge called Time Out Challenge, and I just had to play!

Here is Kay's amazing card:


And here is my take on Kay's card:



I stayed with basically the same color scheme and layout, but used different stamps and dies.  My frame is from the new Write Home kit from PTI and I cut it out 4 times to add dimension and added a dotted layer to the top to make it pop.  My flowers were stamped and fussy cut from MFT's Large Desert Blooms set using Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks.  My little bird (which was inspired by Patti ... thanks Patti!!) and sentiment are from Winter Woods by PTI, my die cut Leafy Sprigs are from Poppystamps, and my Fanciful Flourish from Cheery Lynne Designs.  I added a small bit of splattering using a stamp from SU!'s Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, and a few sequins finished off my CASE. 

This was definitely a fun challenge for me, and there's still time to play along...the challenge doesn't close till the 18th.  You can check it all out right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

7 comments:

Birgit said...

Marcia, this is stunning! I love the polka dotted top on your frame... so sweet! Great job fussy cutting those flowers too. A beautifully sweet card!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card you made. I also learned about Kay when she joined PTI--I am happy that I am not the only one late to the Kay fan club. Your take on her card is simply stunning. Love those flowers and what a sweet place to perch your bird. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Linda said...

Wow, Marcia, gorgeous take on Kay's card. Every bit as lovely.

Gerrina said...

Stylish, elegant and fun case of the challengecard! Time Out Challenge #56 - CASE-ing Kay Miller

Marlena M. said...

This is super pretty Marcia! I love the added bird~

Marybeth said...

Love the bird on your gorgeous card,Marcia!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning card & a perfect case, Marcia!