Thursday, November 10, 2016

25 Days of Christmas Tags - Days 9 & 10

Hello friends.  I have tags to share from days 9 & 10 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags challenge today. 

Day 9 is being hosted by Avery Elle, and I was inspired by the adorable and whimsical tags of Caryn Davies.  Here's my version:

 
I used PTI's Tag Sale #8 die and blended some snow hills in with Salty Ocean distress ink, and then added a little strip of red & white polka dotted paper to the bottom of the tag.  My little deer (MFT's Jingle All the Way) was stamped with Versafine pigment ink, and then heat embossed with black embossing powder, and then colored with my Copics.  I fussy cut him out and then pop dotted him to the tag.  My sentiment is from PTI's  Pom Pom Pals set.

Day 10 is being hosted by Sugar Pea Designs and I absolutely fell in LOVE with Kim Heggins nighttime/silhouette tag!  What I liked about Kim's tag so much was the purple hues she used in her background for the nighttime sky, so that's what I used with mine, except every photo I've taken comes out looking blue...grrrrrrr!  So please try to imagine this tag in shades of purples rather than blues.


 I started by blending Scattered straw distress ink in the center, and then worked my way around with Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, & Wilted Violet distress inks.  Next I splattered water and white acrylic paint to give a snowy look, and then glued down my Gina Marie Designs Winter scene die cut before using my Lawn Fawn circle die to cut out the tag.  This looks pretty in blue, but trust me when I say it is so much prettier in the purple shades!  I even tried editing the photo to show my purples, but no luck!  Think I need to take photography classes!!

Still lots of inspiration over at Tracey's blog, so check it out and play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)




6 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome tags, Marcia. Love the sweet little bird and the beautiful silhouette. I am behind on my tags this week cause I've been too busy being social. Lol. Don't think I'll be in my craft room today or tomorrow either. Darn....

Unknown said...

The first tag is very sweet - I love it. But your second tag is stunning! Your ink blending is so smooth and the touch of yellow is just perfect. I was also drawn to Kim's tag so I was happy someone else tried the same idea. Fantastic!

Birgit said...

Two sweet tags today Marcia! The colors on the second tag look purple on my computer screen. So lovely too!!

Loll said...

These tags are really beautiful Marcia. Great job!! xx

Marybeth said...

Marcia these are gorgeous! Love the darling silhouette tag inspired by Kim!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Marcia, I LOVE your tag! Beautiful scene with a gorgeous smooth color blend! Wowsa!
Take care!
Michele