Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Make It Monday #267 - Assembly Line Card Making

Hello friends.  Laurie is up this week with PTI's Make It Monday challenge, and she has some great tips on mass producing cards.  It was perfect timing for me as I've been wanting to make some special Christmas cards for the ladies in my bible study group, but just couldn't seem to find the get up and go to make them!  I'm happy to say that with the helpful tips and a little help from my MISTI, I was able to make 10 cards in just a couple hours!  Take a look:



I used O Holy Night for my sentiment, and Winter Woods for the pine branch and cardinal.  My striped paper at the bottom is from the Pure Poppy & White Basics Paper Collection.  A few red sequins on each card and I had 10 lovely cards ready to go, and with the insides done too!  The hardest part of making these cards?  Fussy cutting out the cardinals because I'm too cheap to buy the dies...and even that wasn't too hard!  Yes, I am one of those who likes to fussy cut!  :0)

Less than 7 weeks till Christmas, so this is a great challenge to play along with this week.  Check out Laurie's great video and adorable card, and then play along!  All the info you need can be found right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)


20 comments:

victoria h said...

love this card- fabulous design and fussy cut cardinals ( wouldn't have known they weren't die cut)

Luanne said...

What a pretty card! I love your layout and that fantastic cardinal just pops!

Nancy Penir said...

A perfect '10'! I guess if you achieve a perfect card, why not duplicate it! And all in a couple of hours? Wow, (don't ask how long it took me), your fussy cutting is gorgeous!!!

Linda said...

Lovely set of Christmas cards, Marcia. Love the red stripe to compliment your red Cardinal.

Vikki H said...

Fantastic set of cards! So bright and cheery and the striped paper perfectly finishes the look.

Carmela said...

Love the cardinal! So pretty.

lainey said...

Marcia, your cardinal cards are just beautiful! And your quite ambitious making 10!

Loll said...

Great job Marcia. Your card is beautiful, and how amazing is it that you were able to make 10 in just a couple of hours. Awesome! xx

Colleen said...

Marcia, this is awesome! I am going to CAS this card... so sweet and simple and nothing says winter scene to me more than a beautiful cardinal!! Well done my friend!

Helen F. said...

Your wintery scene is amazing and the 'fussy cut' cardinal is absolutely beautiful, Marcia! The sentiment you chose is perfect too.
This assembly line card making could be in my future :-)

Birgit said...

These are beautiful Marcia!! I love the striped paper at the base of your card. Cardinals definitely sing "winter" to me.

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they all came together??? These are beautiful! Gorgeous Red Cardinal--my most favorite bird evaaaah.....loving that strip of pretty red striped Designer Paper, your stamped greenery is beautiful, such a perfect and lovely sentiment and of course your red sequin accents. This adds up to all things pretty! Merry Merry!

Diana K said...

Wow, Marcia, you were really inspired! I'm loving the red, green and white scheme and your beautiful layout. And I STILL don't own O Holy Night. :(

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Lovely cards Marcia!

Kathy Mc said...

Less than 7 weeks till Christmas freaked me out. I was going to get my Christmas cards done early this year…for a change. Your red cardinal sitting on that pine branch looks so Christmasy, especially with your awesome sentiment. Great cards, Marcia!

Imke said...

Your cards are awesome, Marcia ! Great layout and i like the Cardinal !

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Marybeth said...

Beautiful ser of Christmas cards , I love the stripes at the bottom of the card!

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty Marcia! Love your cards!

Kathryn A said...

I didn't see this card when you first posted it. I love it!! Congrats on a well-deserved shout out in the PTI newsletter!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Just beautiful!!!