Thursday, December 8, 2016

CAS Mix Up December Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with this months CAS Mix Up challenge, where "sponging" is the main technique they're looking for.


I love to sponge backgrounds with distress inks, so this was a fun challenge for me!  Here's what I came up with:



I started by sponging my background with Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord, Salty Ocean, & Faded Jeans distress inks, and then added water splattering, and also a bit of splattering with white acrylic paint and gold Adirondack Alcohol ink.  I also sprayed the whole background with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz...if you click to enlarge the photo, you'll get a better view of how shimmery this background really is!  After everything dried, I added a die cut snowflake frame...I would love to tell you who it's by, but it was given to me by my dear friend Birgit...I'm guessing Memory Box??  Now I realize it looks like I didn't add any stamping to this card, but my sentiment started out being stamped in Delicata Golden Glitz ink using PTI's Wet Paint Holiday Collection.  I then die cut it and made a mess because I was too impatient to let it dry enough first...grrrr!  So to try and save it, I stamped it again with the Delicata Golden Glitz ink (it's a pigment ink) and then embossed it with gold embossing powder.  A nice save, but I could have saved myself a lot of time by simply die cutting the sentiment from some gold cardstock!  Oh the things we do sometimes as stampers!!  Anyway, I really like how this card came out in the end and hope you do too!!  :0)

You can check out all the beautiful cards from the Design Team and the other players in the gallery right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

7 comments:

Birgit said...

Oooh Marcia, this is so pretty! Your blended background really makes this snowflake frame pop. Just beautiful! (It is from Memory Box). ;0)

Loll said...

LOVE the colours of your gorgeous background Marcia. So pretty with the delicate snowflake border in white. Great save with the stamped peace sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Linda said...

Beautiful background with that gorgeous snowflake die.

Colleen said...

I do love it Marcia...I love your background and those snowflakes just pop ! Fabulous card my friend!! congrats on your win over at Tracey's blog for the 25 days of tags!!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous night sky and die cut snowflakes. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up, Marcia. Hugs, Nancy

Bonnie said...

I really like how this turned out too, Marcia! That background is gorgeous and I love all the different media you used! You're right that sometimes we make it hard on ourselves but we usually learn from that and that's a good thing! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful background Marcia! Love the colors you used and the water splatter - the die cut snowflakes look lovely against it! thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix up challenge! Julia xx