Wednesday, December 14, 2016

CAS Watercolour December 2016

Hello friends.  Playing along with the CAS Watercolour challenge today, where they are asking us to use the watercolour resist technique.


The watercolour resist is a fun technique, but the real challenge for me is to keep the card CAS!  Loll and the DT members always make this part of the challenge look so easy, but I admit I struggle with that part!  I just want to fill the whole card up...grrrr!  But anyway, after playing around for awhile, I think I came up with a CAS card using PTI's What The Doodle: Snowflake set.  Take a look:

  

I started by embossing in white SU!'s En Francais background stamp on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock and then watercolored it using Peerless Sky Blue watercolor.  For the double snowflakes, I also embossed those in white and then used water and my Zig markers to color them up.  Really love the way these colors blended together!!  I mounted my background piece to a layer of black and then layered that to a white card base.  The snowflakes were pop dotted and then I added the sentiment, with the word "wonderful" embossed in white on a black strip of cs.  It's different than most of my cards, but I think I like it!  And it's my first card to put away for next years stash, as I mailed out all my cards this week...YEAH!!  :0)

There's still time to play along with this challenge, so make sure you check out all the beautiful inspiration from Loll and the DT team right HERE and then play along.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)


8 comments:

Loll said...

This is so beautiful Marcia! Great job combining the watercolour resist with a CAS design. You nailed it! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Bonnie said...

This is perfectly CAS, Marcia! I love how the narrow black border and white on black sentiment add extra pop to the beautiful soft background and snowflakes! Love those snowflake colors! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour! Thanks for the gorgeous Christmas card too! Love that poinsettia and it's CAS perfection, my friend! You can do it well!

Susan said...

Lovely resist with your embossed text! Beautiful colours in the snowflakes, and a great way of doing the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful snowflake AND beautiful background! The snowflake colors look like candy to me!

Viv said...

Great CAS card Marcia, love the embossing too ;) Viv xx

Darnell said...

You have no reason to be hard on yourself for this design, Marcia! It is wonderfully CASlicious and very, very beautiful!! So is the CAS Christmas card you sent me! Thank you so much! I love the serene sky with the fluffy clouds behind the schparkly red berry branches! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Birgit said...

This is beautiful and perfectly CAS! The colors on this are fabulous!!

Linda said...

Beautiful CAS card Marcia. Love the colors you used.