Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Make It Monday #281 - Patterns Behind Die Cut Windows

Hello friends.  The Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink this week has Dawn McVey using her beautiful style to show us how something as simple as adding some pattern behind a die cut window can really add depth and dimension, and bring your card to the next level.  I'm almost embarrassed to show you my card as I pretty much CASE'd Dawn's card from top to bottom, but hers was SO pretty that I wanted one of my own!!


I changed up my colors and used Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie Step 2 instead (since I don't have Gran's Garden yet!), but otherwise my card is pretty much the same as Dawn's.  I also used the same stencil as Dawn from the Woodblock Prints Stencil Collection because I had never used that stencil before and couldn't believe how pretty it was after I saw how Dawn used it!  I blended over the stencil with Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, & Amethyst Allure inks.  My flowers are done in Lilac Grace & Amethyst Allure inks and the leaves are done in Green Parakeet & New Leaf inks. 


You can't see it in my photo's, but I added WOS on the darker parts of my flowers, so they really shimmer IRL.  I also added a few sequins and some white bakers twine to finish off my Mother's Day card.  This was so easy and fun to do and really does bring your card up to the next level...loved it!!

There's still time to play, so check out Dawn's gorgeous card and great video, and then play along right HERE.

And also a BIG Thank You for all the nice comments about my big win from Release Week last week!  I have never won a big one like that before and was SO surprised...in fact didn't even realize I had won until Donna informed me (Thanks Donna!).  And I definitely had NO problem spending it...shopping Saturday night was SOOOO much FUN!!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

  

22 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

I was so delighted when I saw you had won! Happy congrats!
Thanks so much for your kind comments, Marcia.
Your card is just beautiful! I love the colors you chose. The soft pastels are perfect for Mother's Day.

Marybeth said...

I missed that you won , Congratulations I'm so happy to learn you are one of the big winners......Yay!!!!!
Your card is just beautiful Marcia! I almost used that flower set as well.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Marcia...love the way you framed that window this those gorgeous flowers.

Linda said...

Beautiful card Marcia. Love your colors and congrats on your PTI win.

Susan Watanabe said...

Nice CAS on Dawn's card...great colors!

Nancy Penir said...

Well since Dawn's was gorgeous, have to say, with a few changes, so is yours! Love to case the masters, they're wonderful!

Joyously Noelle said...

Sweet card and a lovely blue & purple pattern! It was fun to see your name as a winner last week - congrats!

Luanne said...

Gorgeous!

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful Case of Dawn's card! Love the colours you've chosen and you can't go wrong with Rosie Posie!

Patti said...

Hi Marcia : )

Oooooh! you won at PTI? I cant figure out how to see who the winners were this time! LOL But I'm so excited for you : ) You will put the product to great use I know!!

Love your card : ) The colors you used are so sweet and springy : )

Thank you for the sweet card I just received. You bless my socks off friend!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Marcia! I love the added dimension of the stenciling behind the aperture! Beautiful colors too! Congratulations on your win!

Marlena M. said...

This is lovely Marcia! Perfection! Oooh, so excited for you and your win!

Carmela said...

Gorgeous Marcia and I was excited to see someone win that I recognized!! Enjoy.

Diana K said...

You sound like me. Sometimes when I see a card I really love, I just need to CASE it so that I can hold it in my hands and admire it. :) Your card with Rosie Posie is so pretty! So happy you won a big one, Marcia!

lainey said...

Rosie Posie was a lovely choice for your card - such a beautiful color combination and design!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

That card is SO pretty Marcia. Your cards always are.
Congrats on your win last week...it was a beauty as well!!!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors! I just love these beautiful flowers! Lovely card!

Helen F. said...

LOVE just everything about your card, Marcia! The stamps, colors and design are so very elegant.

Greta said...

I loved Dawn's card, too--maybe why I had so much trouble getting my card made. Your card with Rosie Posie is wonderful, Marcia! I need to use RP more often as I still really love it!

Kathy Mc said...

Rosie Posie never gets old, especially on a gorgeous card like yours, Marcia. You made Dawn proud with this one. I was SO happy to see you as one of the big winners last week!

Unknown said...

Don't know how I missed this beauty! LOVE your colors and design, those flowers are fabulous!!!

Joyce said...

Your card is simply lovely. I'm also waiting for my Gran's Garden--love how you used those Rosie Posie stamps--they look so pretty in purple.