Monday, April 10, 2017

Merry Monday #243 - A Christmas Scene

Hello friends.  Kathy has brought us a FUN challenge this week at Merry Monday...to create a Christmas scene.


Last Fall I saw a couple cards made with the Tim Holtz Snowglobe die set and HAD to have it!  I remember opening it and dumping all the die pieces out, staring for a few seconds, and then putting ALL 23 tiny pieces back in the envelope and putting it up on a shelf!  I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of pieces and how tiny they were and just couldn't deal with it at the time.  I took it out a few weeks ago knowing that this challenge was coming up and just left it sitting on my desk.  I finally took it out and am now so glad I did!  It was totally worth the effort and this is what I came up with:


I started by cutting out each piece in white cardstock, and then colored each piece with Distress Inks.  For the houses and base of the snowglobe, I used a SU! Hardwood background stamp first and then blended the Distress Inks on.  I used Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz on my blue background before gluing down all the pieces, so IRL this snowglobe really sparkles just like a real one would.  


Here's a close up view so you can see some of the detail a bit better.  I used a Darice snowflake embossing folder for my background layer and distressed it a bit with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.  This ended up being a really fun card to create, and although it took some time to make, I think it was well worth it! 

There's a lot more inspiration from my teammates, so check it out and then play along with us!  We can't wait to see what Christmas scenes YOU come up with!  Check it all out right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful Christmas scene Marcia. I get overwhelmed when there are too many pieces too, but you did an amazing job. Have a great week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fantastic snowglobe village, Marcia! Wow - just love the texture of the stamping on the buildings and the Sparkle Spritz!!

Karen L K said...

What a great looking card! Love that scene & that country look to it.

Kay Miller said...

This is just beautiful Marcia!! Wow! You did a lovely job with this die set! I had to laugh about you dumping all of the tiny pieces out and then putting them all back up :) I almost did the same thing with mine! Glad I didn't though because this is one of my favorite set of dies ever!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Marcia, I love all the fun details. Have a wonderful week.

Birgit said...

This is crazy awesome Marcia! I love all those little houses in a row. Just beautiful!

Colleen said...

Marcia, this is STUNNING friend! WOW, when I saw this my jaw dropped...your background snowflakes really brings your eyes to the row of houses and trees. I am in love with this card of yours! Have a wonderful week!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Marcia!! Wow -- your card is AMAZING! The dimension, colors, layout, elements are incredible!! Hope you have an awesome week!

Loll said...

This is AMAZING!! LOVE the beautiful scene in the snowglobe. Great work Marcia! It does look like this would take a lot of time to make, but what a special card. xx

Bonnie said...

You should win an award for this, Marcia! It is FANTASTIC! You've done a wonderful job of coloring all those little pieces!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow! Totally worth your effect Marcia! STUNNING!!