Friday, July 18, 2014

Beautiful Brushstrokes

Finally got a chance to play yesterday with PTI's Make-It Market "Beautiful Brushstrokes" stamp set.  Betsy and all the design team members made this set look so easy, but I struggled a little and had to practice quite a bit before I dared use any of watercolor paper that came with the kit.  I did come up with a card that I liked though...it just took a bit of perseverance!  Take a look:


The flowers in this set are a 3 step, but I only used 2...the outline stamp and the middle one.  After stamping the 2 steps in Aqua Mist and Real Red inks, I used my Aqua Painter to smooth out the color a bit.  I used Simply Chartreuse for the leaves and again my Aqua Painter to fill them in.  Here's a closer up view:


I finished up my card with a bit of twine and a few of the rainstones that came with the kit.  This is definitely a stamp set that I'll have to practice with some more, but hopefully the extra practice will produce some beautiful cards! 

Thanks you so much for stopping by today, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty. I haven't even had a chance to play with the set yet. You did a great job.

Colleen said...

I think this is stunning, Marcia!