Monday, July 21, 2014

Fluffy Feather

Good morning friends.  Took a class a few weeks back on making masculine cards (love making all the flowery and bright cards but really struggle with guy cards!!), and one of the cards we made used a Memory Box die called "Fluffy Feather".  I finally had a chance to pull it out this weekend and make a card with it.  Take a look:


Pretty CAS looking, but actually has a few elements to it!  I started by inking my background with Bashful Blue and Marina Mist inks and then used VersaMark ink and white embossing powder over the background with SU!'s "En Francais" stamp.  On my top layer I used the die to cut out the feather, and then also sponged that with the Bashful Blue and Marina Mist inks.  I then stamped the flourish from SU!'s "Priceless" stamp set in Marina Mist ink on top of the feather and then offset it over the feather negative space.  I added the Thinking of You from PTI's new "Keep it Simple: Thinking of You" stamp set.  I then pop dotted this layer and added a few sequins.  Here's a closer up view of the detail:

 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Monday! :0)

3 comments:

Sue said...

I like it...the blue is very pretty!

Irish Cherokee said...

Nice! Using everything saves scrap. It also makes for a beautiful card. Bravo.

Kathryn A said...

I love how this was made!! I may have to CASE you ;)