Friday, August 18, 2017

CAS Watercolour August 2017 CASE-ing Bonnie

Hello friends.  Using SALT is the challenge this month over at CAS Watercolour, and I have a 2nd card to share after seeing Bonnie's GORGEOUS cards (HERE), where she mixed her salt with water and then used it as a wash on her wet, watercoloured cards.  They were so pretty that I just had to try it for myself!


I started by embossing with a Penny Black stamp (First Blush) with black embossing powder, and then watercoloured with my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors in red and pink.  While it was still wet I used a wash of the water and table salt mixed together on the panel.  Not a whole lot of control using this technique, so the crystals do their magic where THEY want to go!  I still love how this turned out though!!  I mounted my panel to a white card base and also added a white die cut frame using PTI's Infinity Frames.  A simple black banner embossed in white with the sentiment from PTI's Winter Woods and a pink enamel dot finished off this simple card.  Thanks so much Bonnie for inspiring me to try this fun and beautiful technique...I loved it!!  :0)


This challenge goes till the 24th and there is so much inspiration from the DT and the gallery to inspire you to try these techniques using salt and your watercolours.  You can check it all out right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

this is stunning Marcia! I have yet to try the table salt technique and I'm seeing it so much lately and love what I see. I love the mottled look. Gorgeous!

Linda said...

So beautiful Marcia. Love how yours turned out.

Bonnie said...

This turned out beautifully, Marcia! I love that background and you've picked a perfect stamp! Now I want to CASE you! Thanks for the shout out and for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful salted background on your Kuretake Gansai watercolour paints, Marcia. So perfect for your stamped cherry blossoms. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty effect and love the gorgeous background and the black line stamping x

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous, I love that stamp set and that's such and awesome way of using it. Your Salted background is so pretty. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

Greta said...

Now you've inspired me, Marcia! Really gorgeous card--love the effect from the salt!

Loll said...

Your card is so pretty with the salt water wash, Marcia. I love how the colours burst and move creating lots of variation of colour. So pretty with this stamp ... I have this as well and LOVE it! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx