Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Create Along With Us August 2017

Hello friends.  It's release week over at Papertrey Ink and time for the Create Along With Us challenge!  With all the new Fall stamps and dies coming out, I was blown away by all the inspiration the DT created, and definitely had a hard time just choosing one card to re-create!  The one that I kept going back to though was this one by Dawn McVey:

Stencil Dots - Sunshine1

Obviously I didn't have Dawn's new dotted stencil or the new Beautiful Berries: Fall stamp set, but I improvised with a stencil I already had and used the Beautiful Berries: Spring set instead and came up with a pretty close re-creation!


Pretty close, huh?!  I loved the look of using Pure Poppy for the stenciled dots on the Raspberry Fizz card front...red and pink definitely do work together!!  I used a little strip of Orange Zest DSP to ground the bottom of the card and then built my little bouquet using Gran's Garden and Beautiful Berries: Spring.  And I love that I found a very similar sentiment in the Bloomin Button Bits set.  Dawn has a wonderful way with putting colors together that I normally wouldn't try and I think this card is a perfect example!

You can check out all the inspiration from this month and what every one else is inspired by right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Birgit said...

Wow! I had to look twice at both of the cards because I thought they were both your card. What a fabulous job you did CASing Dawn's card. I love the colors!!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card and a perfect CASE!

Nancy Penir said...

Perfect case for sure! Love the gradient dots, and oh, those colors, gorgeous!!!

lainey said...

I also thought they were the same card! You did a great job on creating Dawn's card, but making it your own at the same time. Beautiful!

Vikki H said...

You nailed this card of Dawn's completely! Beautiful creation!

Helen F. said...

Beautifully done, Marcia! LOVE your gradient dotty stencil (more than the new PTI all-one-size!
Gran's Garden and Beautiful Berries stamp/die sets are quickly becoming my faves every time you use them!

Greta said...

To be honest, I actually like your card more than Dawn's in this case! Absolutely beautiful use of the colors & I like your stencil better, too! Wow!

Linda said...

Awesome case of Dawn's card. Lovely card, Marcia.

Carmela said...

Great job! Love the beautiful berries and your card is gorgeous!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! I love the flowers you used for the berries and the awesome background! Lovely card!

Bonnie said...

This is so bright and pretty, Marcia!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

AWESOME card! Love the changes you made and all of the detail. Great job