Thursday, February 22, 2018

CAS Watercolour February 2018 - Hearts (#2)

Hello friends.  One more card for this month's challenge over at CAS Watercolour, where the theme is HEARTS.


I almost forgot to post this 2nd card, but I think it is too pretty to just ignore it, so here it is!


I stamped my image using SSS's Spring Flowers (and who doesn't NEED a little Spring right now?!!) with Versamark and heat embossed with silver, and then watercoloured with my zigs.  I masked the bottom portion of the stem and leaves and then stamped with Smokey Slate ink using SU!'s En Francais (retired) background stamp.  I also used the same background stamp to stamp very lightly on my card base.  To keep with the theme this month, I used SSS's Stacked Hearts die to add to my background in white, so that it shows up but doesn't dominate the card.  Using the hearts die in the background also means that it doesn't scream Valentine's Day and I can use the card year round.


I mounted my watercoloured piece onto a piece of black cs and then adhered to my card base.  I specifically left off a sentiment so I can decide later what to use the card for...a simple hello, thinking of you, sympathy, or even birthday.  :0)

This challenge is open till the 24th, so you still have a little bit of time to play.  Make sure to check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT, and then play along...you can check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Sure is too pretty to ignore. What a beautiful card, so fresh and love the mixed media elements and how you've kept it CAS. Delicate colouring and the script stamp is gorgeous. The background with the cute hearts die and the gentle text stamping sets off your amazing card to perfection....love it! x

Ros Crawford said...

It's lovely!! That watercoloured flower looks so pretty with the heart BG and the script...

Loll said...

So pretty!! Love your sweet spring blossom, Marcia. So perfect with the added script in both the main panel and a little in the background. Adds something special. And of course, I love that stacked hearts die. Makes a great white-on-white background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Bonnie said...

I love the delicate and subtle script background and the texture that the die cut hearts give without overpowering that sweet flower! This one is going into my CASE file!

Linda said...

So pretty Marcia. Love all of your elements. The watercoloring is awesome.

Christine Alexander said...

So glad you posted your card, such a pretty layout with your stacked heart die and that beautiful line flower. thanks for joining us at CAS watercolour.

nancy littrell said...

I love how you paired your die cut hearts with your pretty softly watercoloured flower, Marcia. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful card Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

This is delicate and ever so pretty Marcia!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a sweet, delicate looking card Marcia....love the hearts behind.
Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
:)Karen