Friday, February 2, 2018

Make It Monday #311 - Using Different Types of Papers

Hello friends.  Playing along with Stephanie and this week's Make It Monday challenge, where she shows how much fun and interesting it can be to add different types of papers to your cards!

I don't hang on to a LOT of different papers anymore, but I did save a small bag that I had gotten from a local craft store last Fall because I had thought the design on it would make a fun background.  SO glad I saved it!!


I added the piece of bag to a kraft card base, and then added a few strips of DSP in Raspberry Fizz, Spring Rain, & Harvest Gold.  Next I die cut a couple tags using the Made With Love Tags 2 die set using some old newsprint paper from SU! and also a piece of vellum.  Next I stamped and die cut a few of the bowls from the new Life Is What You Bake It set and attached them to the vellum layer.  The sentiment is from the same set and I think it is just perfect for my little thank you card!  Some ribbon, twine, and an enamel dot finished off this fun and bright card!

I am also entering this card to the current Color Throwdown Challenge (ctd#478) where they are asking for cards using Hot Pink, Lime Green, Yellow, & Light Blue.


There is still a few days to play along with both of these challenges.  You can check out Stephanie's video and beautiful card right HERE and you can check out the current Color Throwdown challenge right HERE

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Hello Marcia,
You nailed this one! Love the bright colors combined with the neutrals. Such a sweet, card. You are really rolling with your design gigs and I am happy when I bump into your cards in them! Way to go!

Birgit said...

Your card is cute and colorful and filled with joy! Love your stack of sweet bowls. Great use of those different papers too. A darling card my friend!

Nancy Penir said...

What a delightful thank you card, Marcia. Darling bowls topped with the sweet spoon, and the perfect sentiment! Love your use of papers and how you vellumed the scrip paper so the bowls would shine. Love it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Marcia! Love the homespun country vibe! The little stack of bowls are darling! Great take on the challenge! Hope you have a great weekend!

lainey said...

What a fun looking card Marcia! Nice choice of papers used and those stacked bowls are so cute!

Traci M said...

Your card is so sweet and colorful, Marcia!! I love seeing those bowls all different colors with the little flower...makes my heart sing!! Super cute thank you card!!

Carmela said...

Very sweet card! I love how you used the bake set. Your background with the kraft bag is very pretty. Great combination of papers!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your stacked cups in the throwdown colors! Fabulous take on the challenge colors!

Kathy Mc said...

What a beautiful set of bowls, Marcia, all stacked on the vellum! That black & Kraft damask bag made for the perfect backdrop. Such a bright and cheery thank-you card!

Bonnie said...

What a great use of that pretty paper, Marcia! I've given away most of mine too. What I have left, I tend to hoard! A bright, happy, fun card! Have a great weekend!

Teresa said...

I like how the bowl colors match the paper colors. Great job.

Helen F. said...

Your card is beautiful, Marcia! Love how you pulled all the parts and pieces together so nicely ~ I don't have the knack to mix n match and must practice more...with all the 'stuff' I save from EVERYWHERE!
I could make hundreds of cards and still not use up my stash :0)

Betty Wright said...

Marcia, this is fantastic! I love all the elements. The bag paper was a great save! Great card!

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful use of colors Marcia! I love that stack of bowls~

Donna Phelan said...

Beautifully crafted, Marcia! I loooooove all of your paper choices, including that bag! And Vellum, you can never go wrong with Vellum, that's for sure! Well done!