Wednesday, May 2, 2018

CAS Watercolour May 2018 - RAINBOW

Hello friends.  We have a FUN challenge for you this month at CAS Watercolour...we'd like to see a RAINBOW on your card!  It doesn't have to be literally a RAINBOW, but we'd love to see all the colors of a RAINBOW on your card.  Just remember ROYGBIV (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, & Violet) and you'll be on your way!  Remember also that you need to include some form of watercolouring and that your card be CAS!


I started by using some of my ink cubes and pressing them onto an acrylic block, and then used my Aqua Painter to add water and then make a rainbow.


I should have snapped a photo before I did my die cutting, but you can still get the general idea of how I started my card.  The die I used was SSS's Birthday Circle.


I used PTI's Shape Shifters: Circle die to die cut my circle that I added my rainbow sentiment and cupcake to.  The frosting on the cupcake looked a little plain, so I added my 3 year old granddaughter's favorite cupcake topping...SPRINKLES!  These little pieces were leftovers from the die cut letters that spelled out Happy Birthday...good use of scraps, eh??!!  :0)


I finished off my card with a simple black banner that I embossed with white and an enamel dot, and then added some black & white bakers twine to the top.  Easy peasy and ALL the colors of the RAINBOW!!

We can't wait to see what you come up with this month using RAINBOW colors!  The DT has some absolutely FABULOUS ideas to inspire you, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a fabulous and creative way in which you incorporated the rainbow colours on your beautiful card x

Loll said...

What a clever way to create a rainbow background to die-cut your circle happy birthday die! It's worked so perfectly, Marcia! Your rainbow circle sentiment and sweet cupcake are adorable! Great work! xx

Birgit said...

What a wonderful rainbow birthday card! What a creative way to color and cut the die from. It looks marvelous!

Lisa Elton said...

Who would have thought some ink and a water brush could turn into something so CUTE!! This is adorable Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Brilliant use of scraps, Marcia! What a fun birthday card! Love the way the colors fell on the Happy Birthday circle, but that cupcake wins my attention!

nancy littrell said...

Such a clever way to make a rainbow background and then die cut your birthday image. Love your rainbow cupcake with the sprinkles from scraps. Such a colorful and delightful Birthday day card. TFS Marcia. Hugs..

Christine Alexander said...

Mary what a great twofer with your positive and negatives from you die cut. I love your rainbow stripes :)

Ros Crawford said...

What a great idea to get that rainbow! Your card is adorable!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how fun...love the rainbow effect you created Marcia.
xx Karen

Patti said...

Perfectly clever!! and a delightful card : )

Leslie Miller said...

So many great rainbow ideas! Gosh, you make it look so easy, but it turned out so fabulous! Love your rainbow die cut!

Pat said...

I love what you have done here Marcia and the cupcake sits nicely in line with the relevant colours within the circle. Such a pretty PTI die for it all to sit on too. x

Trina P. said...

Super rainbow birthday card, Marcia! So clever of you to use the bits for confetti! Rainbow cards make me happy and your beautiful card put a huge smile on my face! x

Trina P. said...

oops... confetti should have been sprinkles. 😉

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a clever way to create a rainbow background for your Brithday Circle die, Marcia! (And thanks for the creative process photo - it shows how you did it instantly.) The PTI's outer circle die is a great choice. It looks like a coordinating die for the SSS' die. I love the sprinkles you added. They make this card look even more fun and delightful! Hideko xx

Jo said...

I wondered how you got that die cut so vibrant, brilliant technique TFS. This is a BEAUTY, my granddaughters love it ...now I have to get this die :P . I agree with them definitely a success! Love it Marcia xx

desperatehousewifecraft said...

What a fabulous way to create a rainbow diecut. I shall do the same with the negative of my border diecut now. Thanks for the inspiration!