Monday, May 7, 2018

Merry Monday #289 - Use A STAR

Hey Merry Monday fans...Debbie is our hostess this week and she would like to see a STAR on our Christmas cards this week!


I bought a couple new dies last year from a new to me company called Tutti Designs and how perfect that one of them had a STAR in it!!


It's a pretty intricate die, but just perfect for this challenge!  It's called Nativity Shooting Star (Tutti - 342).


I started by blending Mermaid Lagoon, Faded Jeans, & Picked Raspberry DOX inks on some white cardstock and then splattered a bit with water to give the illusion of a starry sky.  Next I die cut the image and saved every tiny little piece.  I die cut the image a 2nd time in black and then inlaid all the tiny little pieces...a little bit time consuming but very worth it IMHO!!

I thought about adding some shimmer or shine, but in the end decided to leave it CAS and just add a sentiment, which came from SU!'s Wise Men From Afar.

What will YOU come up with this week using a STAR??  The sky's the limit!  Sorry, couldn't resist!!  Hope to see you in the gallery soon!  And if you need a little more inspiration, check out what the rest of the DT came up with and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. I love the die you used. All the work of inlaying those tiny pieces was well worth it. Love the way you blended the inks for the lovely background.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous Nativity star, Marcia! Beautiful ink blending and I love how you inlaid the star! Fantastic job!!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful Nativity scene and love the inlaid colours to make up the night sky.

Mac Mable said...

What beautifully blended colours and what a stunning die. Fabulous card x

Colleen said...

WOW WOW WOW, beautiful die and what a labor of love to place all those little pieces in the right spots! I agree, it was totally worth the time and effort because it is stunning! Well done, my friend! YOU have a great week too!!

Patti said...

I'm with Colleen! WOW!! what an amazing star filled with such hope and promise!! : )

Linda said...

Wow, Marcia, beautiful die and your card turned out amazing. You have more patience than I do my friend but it was certainly worth it. Have a great week.

Stephanie said...

That’s really different n I LIKE IT!!! Nice job Marcia!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE your shooting star Marcia, and it was certainly worth the time to inlay all those gorgeous pieces! What a perfect sentiment to go with it!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wow! That is a really cool die! Perfect for the challenge! Great job!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. Love the colours you've used to show off that beautiful die-cut. Definitely worth the time to inlay all those little pieces, it's really a beautiful card. xx

Birgit said...

This is so cool and totally gorgeous! The blended colors in the negative spaces really makes this die pop. Beautifully done my friend.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautifully designed die cut you used Marcia! love the colors with the black - and your wonderful sentiment to go with it!

Notes by Nina said...

Great card, I love pretty colours.