Thursday, May 17, 2018

Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us - May 2018

Hello friends.  It's release week at Papertrey Ink and that means it's time for the Create Along With Us challenge!

There's always so much to be inspired by, but I just can't resist when Dawn McVeigh uses her signature Aqua Mist and New Leaf color combo with flowers!  Check out Dawn's card HERE.

I changed up a few of the flowers and colors, but stuck with Dawn's basic layout and the Aqua Mist card base stamped with the Cover Up: Quatrefoil stamp in New Leaf ink.


I used flowers and leaves from Farmer's Market Florals, Gran's Garden, and Stitching Garden with a variety of ink colors and then fussy cut them all out.


After arranging them all on my card base, I die cut and stamped my sentiment from the Wet Paint set.  I added a little WOS in the centers of a few of the flowers and leaves, but too subtle to see in my photos.


A little bit of work with all the fussy cutting, but I love the end result and it totally reminds me of a Dawn card!

There's still time to play along with this challenge, so head over to the gallery and see what inspired everyone else, and then play along right HERE

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

Marcia, you've blown my mind with this beautiful card! All the colors are just perfect and your choice of flowers all go so well together. You have certainly done Dawn proud with your glorious creation.

Susan Watanabe said...

Isn’t it great when you can CAS a card without even buying the new products?! Yours came out beautifully and love your color choices! ;)

lainey said...

What a pretty card and it sure does look like a Dawn inspired card with all those bright colors! The background really adds to the panel.

Diana K said...

So awesome! You smashed it!

Helen F. said...

Marcia your card is gorgeous! I honestly thought it was from Dawn's own collection! LOVE how you captured the colors, florals and design on this beauty, dear friend

Loll said...

This is so pretty Marcia. Wonderful combination of colours. Your large red flower against the aqua mist makes my heart sing! :) LOVE it! xx

Patti said...

Beautifully done!! I really love this color combo! you did Dawn proud!!

Bonnie said...

Pretty, bold flowers, Marcia! Love that aqua and green background with them!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Marcia! What a gorgeous card! I love those vibrant blossoms! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carmela said...

Love your card Marcia!! Such pretty, bold flowers. I didn't see we had chosen the same card to CASE until after I posted mine!!

DIANA L. said...

Wow your card is gorgeous, love all th colors

Nancy Penir said...

OK, you've made a lot of cards that have hit my 'Marcia top 10' list, but oh my good golly, this one tops them all!!! Breathtaking...

victoria h said...

fabulous floral card - I love Dawn's use of flowers too

Kathy Mc said...

Fussy cut all those flowers? Marcia, this is as beautiful as Dawn's with your brilliant color scheme. Love the Quatrefoil background, too. A very stunning card!