Friday, August 19, 2016

Every Leaf Speaks....

Hello friends.  I am definitely in a Fall feeling frame of mind lately, even though it is still HOT and HUMID here in Michigan!  Having a couple friends over this afternoon to stamp (we take turns hosting) and this is one of the cards we're going to make:


I started with a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and lightly inked up a Heidi Swap background stamp in Crumb Cake ink.  Next I stamped my sentiment from SU!'s Lighthearted Leaves in Soft Suede ink.  My leaf is a HA (N2091 Mountain Aspen) stamp that I've had forever (wood mounted if that tells ya anything!!), and I embossed it using copper embossing powder.  Here is a closer up view so you can see the shine of the copper:


I used some Pure Poppy ink (PTI) and my Aqua Pen to water color the leaf.  Some simple finishing touches with twine and a small circle punch, and some layering finished off this card.  And because I've had this Fall DSP forever, I decided matching envelopes would be fun:


I opted to keep the colored side on the inside of the envelope so as not to drive the postal carriers nuts!  I have seen people use the design on the outside though and then just use white address labels for the name and address...I guess whatever floats your boat!!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!  :0)



  

5 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous fall leaf and card Marcia. I just can't get myself to get into fall yet. Not ready. Summer has been slow to arrive here. But it's going to be in the 90's for 3 days and that is hot for me. At least it's sunny.

Patti said...

Oh! I wanna join you!! what a great day it is when you can get inky with friends! : ) Your card is beautiful! I recently purchased Gold, silver and Copper EP because of all the shimmer I've been seeing in Blogland! This "oldie but a goodie" leaf is perfect for this technique!.

Patti

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. I bet you had fun with your friends today. :) Love that leaf ... gorgeous, especially with the copper heat embossing and the beautiful colours for watercolouring. xx

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! The embossed leaf is beautiful with the softly stamped background and wonderful sentiment!

Sue said...

Hey, we made this card at your house. I loved making it and it is so pretty. Thanks for hosting, my friend!