Monday, September 19, 2016

Merry Monday #214 - WARM Winter Wishes

Hello friends.  Kathy is our hostess this week at Merry Monday, and she is asking you to create a card with something WARM on it. 


Here's what I came up with from the inspiration photo:



Don't know why, but the package on the inspiration photo reminded me of a sled, so that was my starting point for my card.  I used SU!'s Winter Wishes and the Woodland ef to create my card, along with a little Tumbled Glass distress ink (background), and Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, & Old Olive inks to stamp the sled, branches, and sponging around the Birch tree's.  I also added a bit of twine to my sled to give it a bit more of a realistic look and my sentiment was heat embossed in white...and how perfect that it says Warm Wishes!  :0)

Only 14 more weeks till Christmas, so come and play along with us at MERRY MONDAY's and we'll help you beat the mad rush to get those cards done!  So think WARM this week and play along with us!  You can see some absolutely beautiful inspiration to get you started and check out how to play along all right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)


15 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful outdoor scene, Marcia - so perfect with that sled & sentiment!!

Patti said...

Beautiful card Marcia! I love the scene and the softness you achieved! So dreamy and then you said it was 14 weeks til Christmas! eeek! you just ruined my day! LOL JUST KIDDING but it is a bit shocking to realize it!

Have a blessed day friend.

Patti

Loll said...

Wonderful design and card Marcia. Can't believe how close it is to Christmas - yikes!! xx

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Marcia, I love this wintry scene.

Margaret said...

The tree branches are great - entire card is!

Margaret said...

The tree branches are great - entire card is!

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty winter scene, Marcia! Love that sled and how you've embossed just one side of the card and put the greens on the other! Very nice! Hope you have a great week!

Linda said...

Oh my when you put it in weeks that is scary. What a lovely card, Marcia. Love that great winter scene. Have a great week.

Colleen said...

Well, my friend you have a stunning card, your attention to all the little details is amazing! You always manage to take your cards to the top level!! Fantastic Mm card!!

Marybeth said...

Oh this card is perfect! Love the sled on your card with the wood grain! The tree stamped to the side is beautiful !

Stampingcountry said...

Beautiful! And sledding making me think of winter fun and hot cocoa.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I always loved that retired stamp set and so pretty how you did the partial embossing!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I always loved that retired stamp set and so pretty how you did the partial embossing!

Greta said...

I love your style, Marcia--wonderfully crafted card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is gorgeous Marcia!!!!!