Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Make It Monday #288 - Pantone Chip Inspired Cards

Hello friends.  Lexi Daly is up with this weeks Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink and it's a FUN one!!  Lexi's video and cards are all about Pantone Chip inspired cards, which is apparently a new art form that I was completely unaware of!  I loved Lexi's cards though, and had fun browsing through the link for more inspiration on Pinterest.

Rather than doing a small chip card, I went for the larger style that Lexi showed with her flip flop card, and came up with this:


I used the Cover Plate from Bitty Butterflies and Raspberry Fizz cardstock...I know, I know, it looks more like a cross between Hibiscus Burst and Berry Sorbet cardstock!  It really is Raspberry Fizz though...sometimes even natural sunlight can do strange things to colors!!  I sponged all the butterflies with Raspberry Fizz ink before gluing them back into their cutouts to give them a little bit more definition, and then used just one that I had smooshed with ink so it stood out a bit more.  My bottom piece I stamped with gray and black using Wonderful Words: Hello.  This really was a fun challenge and I loved learning and doing something new!

Lots of time left to play along with this challenge, so check out Lexi's fun and beautiful cards and video and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

14 comments:

Birgit said...

This is fabulous Marcia! Love the color and great use of that coveer plate. This type of art is new to me as well but I can't wait to try it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute love the popping bfly too

Nancy Penir said...

So clever, Marcia! Using the cover plate as the Pantone chip looks fabulous, and yet completely recognize each beautiful butterfly! Love it! How's the weather where you are? We're baking out west, 111 today!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so awesome. Very beautiful. Great take on the challenge.

Gina said...

What a great idea to use the cover plate to create the "chip"! I love how you sponged the butterflies before tucking them back in their spots. Wonderful card!!

victoria h said...

Fabulous card- I love raspberry fizz and this larger composition works so well.

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable...love that raspberry fizz and those sweet butterflies, wonderful card.

lainey said...

Marcia, very striking card! This technique with the CP and one popped item is so smart! I'll have to remember this idea for future.

Unknown said...

So great that you made yours a pop up! And raspberry fizz is always so bright and cheery!

Greta said...

You nailed it, Marcia! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one unaware of Pantone art! I have an idea, but haven't tried to do it yet.

Carmela said...

Very cute card, Marcia!! I had not heard of Pantone Chip Art as well.

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful, Marcia!

adele holcomb said...

Nice take on the challenge, and I like the larger format just as much as the small chips.

lexi said...

great take on the challenge with a full pantone chip card!! i love the one highlighted butterfly and how you added definition to the others - so pretty! thanks for playing make it monday!!